Australian government required a good number of skilled migrants. As a result, some significant changes the authorities have made in the immigration policy. Let’s find out the best ways to migrate to Australia in the year 2023.
As the new Labor government formed under the leadership of PM Mr Anthony Albanese in Australia in the middle of the year 2022, they have started working on the visa backlogs. Moreover, the government also focused on inviting more and more offshore candidates. The change we can notice through the recent three draws. Since July 2022, Australian Immigration is not only invited a huge number of candidates but also focused on skilled migrants.
Read More: What Are Different Programs For Skilled Australia Immigration?
Key Decisions Made By The Australian Government
- The government is updated the latest Skilled Migration Occupation list. Previously, the list was updated on 11 March 2019, when the Wuhan virus COVID – 19 pandemic came.
- As the new government has been formed, the authorities increase the permanent residency program category from 160,000 to 195,000 places for skilled and family visas for the immigration year 2022 to 2023.
- The Australian government also made changes in Temporary skill shortage (TSS) subclass 482 visas. The government allows immigrants to apply for Australia PR.
- On the other end, the age restriction has been removed for visa subclass 457 and extended the eligibility for subclass 462 working holiday maker visa.
- Even though in October month when the budget has been declared, it revealed a total of skilled visas as a part of the program which increased by 79,600 to 142,400 as a part of the migration level planning
Migration Program Planning Levels – 2022-2023
|Visa Category||2022-23 Planning Levels|
|Business Innovation & Investment||5,000|
|Global Talent (Independent)||5,000|
Know More: Australia Immigration & Student Visa Consultant In Ahmedabad
Best Options To Migrate Australia In 2023
Check Your Eligibility for Free!
- Annually up to 3000 visas are supposed to be issued through the ballot process to Pacific countries and Timor – Leste under the Pacific Engagement Visa.
- One of the best chances has been given to those New Zealanders who are currently Living in Australia. These candidates will get priority in processing Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) visa applications.
- A larger regional allocation helps to increase the number of visa grants. As per the Migration Program planning levels – 2022-2023, state and territory nominated visas (subclass 190) planning 31,000 places. Whereas, 34,000 places are in the planning of regional category (subclass 491)
- The Family reunion is key to Immigrating to Australia in the year 2023 because the newly formed government has introduced demand-driven partner visas in 2022/23. As per the government’s estimation nearly 40,000+ partner visas in this financial year. Whereas, around 3000 child-visa also about to issue.
- One of the strongest steps has been taken by the government in the case of teachers and healthcare workers. Since Australian immigration stopped using the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) to rank applications, teachers’ and healthcare workers’ skilled visa applications are now being assessed within three days only. On 28th October 2022, the new rule (Ministerial Direction No.100) applications is been formed. Here are some of the amendments that have been formed under the new rule,
- Priority will be given to teachers and healthcare workers.
- Applications nominated by an approved sponsor only who has an accredited Status for employer-sponsored visas
- Priority will be given to those candidates only who are for designated regional areas.