Yukon Community Pilot Program
Yukon is a northwest territory of Canada and recently they come in limelight due to the new announcement. Yukon has launched an innovative immigration program called “Yukon Community Pilot” The program is unique in terms of its approach which is going to help those candidates who have received a provincial nomination from the Yukon province under any eligible streams. Through this program, the invitees can gain a special type of work permit which is allowing them to work for multiple employers in the participating communities of the Yukon Province. The duration of the program is from January 2020 to June 2023.
Usually, applicants who get the provincial nomination need to wait almost a year to have their permanent residency application processed from the federal level. However, during this time the aspirants can apply in several steams of certain PNPs, to obtain a closed work permit which allows them to work under one employer till the federal decision. Same as that Yukon community pilot is also allowing to apply for a closed work permit but the beauty of the program is that they have given an add-on benefit to the applicants. Other provinces allow only a single employer’s tied up whereas through this program nominees can work for multiple employers and can take on multiple part-time jobs to support themselves.
On the other hand, this initiative from the province will help to fill the labor market shortage of the communities. Close work permit trend is now new but it is providing support to the Canadian job market for over the years. The concept was spearheaded by the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program then it is extended through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program and Ontario Regional Pilot Program.
In order to be eligible for a work permit through the Yukon Community Pilot Program, one should have to fulfill these criteria,
- A candidate must have received a provincial nomination through the Yukon Nominee Program.
- job destinations must from the participating communities in the Yukon
- Job offers up to 3 employers will be allowed to accumulate 1560 hours in a single year (equivalent to full-time work).
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
- Watson Lake
Apply for Yukon Community Pilot
- After meeting-up, the above-mentioned criteria candidates need to submit their applications for a community-based work permit through the Yukon Community Pilot.
- Once candidates are eligible for the YCP work permit, they can submit their online work permit application. Candidates can use a two-year open work permit which has to be restricted by the location under an LMIA-exemption code.
- Provincial nomination certificate from Yukon Territorial authorities is mandatory to include with the application and written confirmation is required from the Yukon Territory as well to prove that the candidate is eligible for Yukon Community based work permit.
- On the basis of submitting the application successfully, candidates will get a two-year open work permit with one of the participating communities’ locations restrictions. During the two-years of the work permit if candidates’ Canada permanent residency application may take a longer period of time than estimated and if a work permit is going to be expired then candidates may be eligible to get an extension.
Spouse or Partner work permit through Yukon Community Pilot
The YCP program is allowing a spouse or partner to obtain a full-time open work permit under certain circumstances, like.
- If principal applicants have applied for their provincial nomination application under at least one occupation type as per the Yukon at National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A, or B then the candidate’s spouse or common-law partner can get Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP).
- The Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) will be the open work permit that allows spouse or partner to work full-time but it is restricted to a community that is participating in the YCP.
To get help with your Canada Immigration application book a consultation at one of our branches.
Master Study(MS) in USA – Eligibility Criteria & Requirements for International Students
USA is the most popular and highly-reputable study destination worldwide. Millions of youths apply fo...
Life in Canada as an international student – An Overview
Canada serves as a preeminent destination to pursue overseas education. The high-end education system...