The UK is always one of the premium destinations for the aspirants who would like to study overseas and now in regards, some remarkable changes have been announced by UKBA under the UK Study Visa policy for January 2021.
Guidelines for study in the UK | Apply Now
Highlights of New UK Student Visa Changes
- As per the new policy now there is no capping of allowing students who wish to come to the UK and study which means all the students are welcomed who can fulfill the visa and university conditions and they can stay, study and work there.
- The second attractive point in the recently new announced policy is that it is implementing the new UK Graduate route which is popularly known as UK POST STUDY WORK VISA among international students in the summer of 2021.
- Under the newly announced policy, another major declaration is that the immigration is going to launch the new UK Graduate Route which is well-known as UK Post Study Visa especially for International Students in summer 2021 so for instance, if any student enrolls for any course in September 2021 would be eligible to apply for UK Post Study Work Visa after completing the study.
Students who complete their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree they will be eligible for 2 years of UK Post Study Visa whereas Ph.D. degree holders would be getting 3 years of PSW.
- One of the most important points is that the Post Study Visa holders can work at any skill level and switch to the other work visa routes while getting a suitable job. On the other hand, if the PSW visa holder get a job offer from the licensed sponsor which is on the RQF 3 level then this skilled worker route can tend the visa holder to the settlement option.
- There is a change in the points system as well, the UK Study Visa points will be increased from 40 to 70 points. Currently, the point criteria include 30 points for Confirmation of Study Letter (CAS) and give 10 points for maintaining the funds but from January 2021 these criteria would be changed with,
- Confirmation of Study letter- CAS Letter – 50
- Funds – 10
- English language – 10
Some other changes
- Currently, in the English Language, only IELTS and PTE accepting but later UKVI might start accepting other tests as well.
- Students can apply for the course to prior 6 months which is 3 months currently.
- Presently, the study time limit is 5 years or a maximum of 6 years but the new policy will remove the study time limit.
- Master’s degree studying students already had the advantage of applying for their spouse UK Dependent visa but the new policy would be removed from the study time limit.
As the no.1 Student Visa Consultant, we are closely monitoring the situation and updates, to get the accurate and latest news on the current scenario.
Apply for Student Visa Online