We used to be excited whenever the express entry draws declared but in the past couple of years, the scenario gets changed due to the Wuhan virus pandemic and the huge backlog carried by Canada Immigration. Meanwhile, yet another Express Entry draw declares by the Canadian immigration for March month. However, the story remains the same, the numbers only changed from the previous draws. Once more, the draw has been declared under the provincial nominee program category and invited 919 candidates, who have a valid express entry profile and received the nomination from any of the provinces. Here are some of the key points of the latest draw.
Latest Express Entry Draw #219
Check Your Eligibility Now!
- It is the third draw for the month and the seventh for the year 2022.
- The latest draw has invited a total of 919 candidates, who are carried valid express entry profiles and previously received nominations from any of the provinces.
- The CRS of the lowest-ranked invited candidate is 785 points. That means, candidates have received direct 600 points on getting the provincial nomination and their actual Express Entry CRS points were 185 points.
- These figures show the strength of the Provincial Nominee Program.
- In comparison to the last draw, the latest draw has invited five less number of candidates.
- On the other end, the CRS is 31 points higher than the previous draw.
- The CRS Score 785 is the second-highest cut-off for the year. The first draw for the year was held at 808 CRS points on 5th January.
Express Entry Draws for The Year 2022
|NO OF DRAW
|TOTAL NUMBER OF INVITED PNP CANDIDATES
Migrate to Your Dream Destination
Why Canada Immigration Is Not Declaring FSWP & CEC Draws?
There are several reasons, Canada immigration is not in the position to declare the draw for the Federal Skilled Worker Program and Canadian Experience Class category. Here are some of them.
- One of the basic reasons is the chaos that has been created due to the Wuhan virus pandemic. The deadly virus has not only affected the lives of millions but also disturb the entire immigration industry across the globe.
- Secondly, due to the lockdown, Canada has closed their international borders and paused the immigration process for a while. As a result, a massive backlog of Canada Permanent Residency Applications, Canada Study Visa applications, Post-graduation work permit applications and other programs applications.
- In addition, half of the immigration staff was working from their homes so the productivity, which was expected has not produced and the decisions on the files were delayed.
- On top of that, on 13th February 2021, Canada Immigration has created history by inviting more than 27000 CEC candidates through one single draw. Even after that more than 60K CEC applications have been nominated for the Canada permanent residency. From my point of view, that decision also plays a vital role in this huge amount of backlog.
- Moreover, in the year 2021 Canadian government came into support of the Afghanistan refugees and started inviting the refugees from the country. Because of that, the immigration department has shifted almost half of the staff to clear the refugees’ applications.
Due to this heavy backlog, Canada Immigration has decided not to increase the backlog by inviting more and more candidates from FSWP and CEC categories.
Apply Now for Migrate to Canada
These consecutive draws under the provincial nominee program have increased the potential of provinces. However, the provincial nomination is only possible in certain scenarios. Such as, the NOC should be in demand in particular provinces. Secondly, a province like Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan may give you the nomination, if you have a close relative living in the provinces as a permanent resident or a citizen from the last 1 year or higher. Provinces like Nova Scotia and Ontario may give the nomination based upon your CRS score if it is crossing 455 or higher, your occupation code, and your language score. Therefore, if you are a candidate, who would like to Settle in Canada as a Permanent Resident, then you should select the province according to your profile.