For the many aspirants like Student Visa holders, Work Visa holders, Dependent Visa holders and especially Permanent Visa holders were waiting since long for Canada-India direct flights. Finally, a day 27th September 2021 from midnight has confirmed when travellers can fly to Canada.
Previously the direct flights’ travel ban was until 21st September 2021 and, now Transport Canada Department extends it until 26th September 2021. However, the ban would reconsider if the number of COVID 19 positive cases will increase.
With this new announcement, Indian travellers will once again travel to Canada. However, they have to follow a precise guideline of public health measurement.
Check Your Eligibility for Free!
- Passengers need to submit a negative COVID 19 test result from the approved laboratory at Delhi airport.
- The COVID 19 molecular test result must be from the Genestrings Laboratory that is in the Airport Connect Building (ACB) at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. To book your slot for RTPCR Test at Genestring Laboratory, please follow the given below link.
- The test must be within 18 hours of the schedule of departure.
- The report will issue with the QR code by the laboratory to the Air Operator before the boarding of the passengers,
- Additionally, air operators will also check whether travellers are fully vaccinated and upload their necessary travelling information on the ArriveCAN mobile app or website.
- Additionally, the travellers who have previously tasted COVID 19 positive can present their authorised report but the collection date must be between 14 and 180 days before the departure scheduled to Canada.
- If the passengers are unable to fulfil any of the requirements. They may refuse to on-board from the Canada-India direct flights.
Indirect Flights From India to Canada
Passengers who are travelling to a third country need to follow the same guidelines that were declared previously.
- Passengers need to provide pre-departure negative COVID 19 molecular test results from the third country before they fly for Canada.
- The report must be completed within 72 hours of departure.
- Still some countries do not allow Indian passengers to enter or transit who tested COVID 19 positive previously.
- Passengers need to check that not all the third countries’ international airports facilitated with the COVID 19 testing so transit might be not available through.
- If any passenger tasted positive during the transit may face the local quarantine regulations or may be returned to the point of departure.
- Passengers are advised to consider their itinerary, transit options and entry requirements carefully before travelling through their country.
- To know the COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders please follow this link.
As per the recent updates, the direct flights from India to Canada will about to start from the 27th September 2021 at midnight. However, the ban lifting decision will depend on the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic situation. As per the Canadian government, there were three direct flights that flew from India to Canada on 22 September and, upon their arrival, all the passengers will be tested for COVID 19. Now on the basis of their results, the Canadian government will take a further decision for the country.