Studying in the USA is a dream of plenty of Indian students. However, certain obstacles may stop those students to live their dream. Appearing for an interview at the US Visa consulate is one of the obstacles. This article is a try that makes you comfortable before appearing for the USA Study visa interview.
Must Read: USA Student Visa – A Requirement to Assure a Bright Future
About the USA Study Visa Interview
An interview is an important integral part of the USAstudy visa process. Here are the basic steps to reach the visa interview.
- First of all, a candidate needs to apply for admission to the approved USA university.
- Based on your profile the relevant university will confirm your admission and issue the Form I-20.
- After receiving the form candidates are required to book the interview slot at the nearby US Consulate office or USA embassy.
- Form I – 20 and other relevant documents such as academic documents, experience documents as well as personal documents are required to show at the time of an interview.
- To schedule an interview for a USA study visa, candidates can visit the website – https://www.usembassy.gov/india/
Prepare for the USA Student Visa Interview
Certain steps are necessary to understand before a candidate who would like to appear for the USA student visa and schedule the interview.
Join Us to Prepare for Visa Interview
- First and foremost, candidates should require to hear and discuss with other students who have already appeared for their interviews.
- However, it is not necessary, that you will get the same sort of questions in your interview as well. But the activity may benefit you to understand the scenario.
- Moreover, it is highly advisable to do better homework before appearing for an interview.
- In addition, focus on preparing and arrangement of the documents precisely. The documents should arrange as per the given document checklist.
- The university’s details, programme curriculum, and subject-related information should be in your mind.
- Moreover, the course-relevant information like, duration, credit score, semesters’ tenure and the learning outcome support you to stand confidently.
- Better to have a deep understanding of your admission essay or Statement of Purpose.
- The well-prepared answers of why you have chosen the particular country, university and course can be benefited you a lot.
- Take the in-details info about the state where you are going to study and the history of the university.
- Also, take an overlook of the city, nearby location, the transportation, accommodation, and career path.
- Last but not the list, as a USA student visa candidate you should be clear with your financial documentation. How would you go to pay the fees for your education in the USA?
Interview Day’s Tips
Apply for USA Student Visa Now
- Along with the form I-20, you have to carry the documents like personal information, academic background documents, professional documents, and financial documents.
- As it is a face-to-face interview your dressing should be formal. Your dressing colour should be light and solid.
- Clothes should be clean and well-pressed
- You should wear minimal accessories and jewelleries. Especially, avoid the jewellery that makes a sound.
- Usage of strong perfumes or fragrances or bad smells should not come from you.
- Men must have better shaved or trimmed beards.