You need to know everything about UK High Potential Individual Visa. Especially, if you are an Indian student and completed your higher education from any of the international destinations other than the UK. A couple of months back Britain launched the High Potential Individual (HPI) Visa that gives an open ground to those international graduate students. There are certain criteria to get eligible for the visa.
The Purpose of HPI Visa
To attract the best talent from across the globe, except of their nationality, ethnicity, caste, creed, and religion, the Indian-origin UK’s cabinet ministers Rishi Sunak and Priti Patel have given a joint statement. As per the statement, this visa type has aimed at the post-Brexit point-based system that helps to attract the high potential candidates of the world to the UK. The second goal of the visa type is to reduce the impact of a job offer and sponsorship dependency. Additionally, the HPI visa type allows the candidates to not only work but also give a platform to become self-employed and also do volunteer work.
Enroll Now to Study Abroad
Eligibility Criteria of High Potential Individual Visa
- The first criteria to qualify for the visa is that the students must have completed their graduation from the world’s top 50 list of universities.
- The top 50 potential universities should be in the Times Higher Education World University rankings, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings and The Academic Ranking of the World Universities.
- If the university falls in the above-mentioned category then students are allowed to stay and work in the UK for at least 2 years.
- The PhD and doctoral students can work for at least three years.
- To apply for the selected visa the candidates do not require to have a job offer from any UK-based employer.
- This visa can be issued only once and then students need to move to other UK visa types such as Skilled Worker Visa to extend the stay.
- Those candidates including Indian students who are Studying in the UK will not eligible for the visa. Because such candidates have been given the two to three post-study work visa rights by the UK immigration through the Graduate visa stream.
Check Your Eligibility for Free!
- If the degree were taught in the English language then UK immigration requires a certificate from the relevant body or a transcript copy from the university.
- If the degree was not taught in the English language or not by the majority, of English-speaking countries then it may require the English language test.
- If the degree has been completed outside of the UK then it may be evaluated from the Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS).
As per the visa requirements, these are the financial criteria one should need to complete to do the application,
- The candidates need to show proof of funds that is at least equivalent to £1270.
- The fund should be in the applicant’s bank account as a fixed deposit or in the savings bank account for at least continues 28 days
- Secondly, the fund 28 days continuation period should be completed 31 days before making the High Potential Individual visa application.
- However, the rule does not apply to those candidates who have been in the UK for more than 12 months.
- Moreover, the visa route will cost £715. However, it may change based on the immigration rules, adding dependents.
HPI Application Duration
Once the application has been done under the stream, then applicants have to prove their identity by submitting their documents. After completing, such a process candidates just need to wait for any other documents required (if applicable) or for the final decision.
Apply Now for UK Study Visa
- Those applicants who do their applications from outside the UK need to wait at least 3 weeks
- Those applicants who do their application form within the UK need to wait at least around 8 weeks.
Applicants can and Cannot Do Under HPI Visa
- Can Do
- Can find the profile relevant jobs
- Candidates can work for most of the jobs
- Applicants can also be the self-employed as well
- Bring your partner and dependent children (based on eligible criteria)
- Can work voluntary
- Travel to abroad and return to the UK as well
- Can study short-term courses
- Cannot Do
- Applicants cannot study full-length courses that are eligible as per UK Study Visa guidelines.
After the Wuhan virus, pandemic UK has swung into action. First, the UK government has completed the Brexit process and then gives great ease for the UK Study Visa. From 2021 to 2022, the country has reached the 100% visa success ratio for the study visa. Now the country has brought different segments of visa like High Potential Individual visa that not only attracts the world’s talent but support them to boost their economy.
Need Assistance? Reach Out to Us