As per the latest tweet from Immigration Minister Sean Fraser, the previously-announced PGWP Extension will be available to those candidates whose work permit expires between 20 September 2021 to 31 December 2022.
There are certain criteria for the extension which are as per below,
Apply Now for Canada Study Visa
- This is a one-time program so this extension can apply to the students for one time only.
- Secondly, the duration is fixed which means only those candidates can eligible for the extension whose work permits.
- This year in April month IRCC declared two important announcements in regards to PGWP & resuming of the FSW & CEC draws.
- In a general scenario, the student who usually obtains Canada Study Visa will be eligible to get the post-study work permit based on the length of the program.
- One-year diploma or post-graduate diploma programs consider one-year study and one-year post-study work permit.
- On the other side, two years or more bachelor’s or post-graduate program holders can get up to three years of post-study work permit (PGWP).
- But as per the April month announcement, those candidates whose work permits expire in between the above-mentioned duration are allowed to apply for extended PGWP for up to 18 months.
- NOTE: Though the special measures have been announced in April month. However, “How To Apply” is still unclear from the department. As a result, those PGWP holders are still in a dilemma those documents are about to expire because now they may need to find out to obtain a new work permit or quit their existing jobs or in the worst scenario need to leave Canada
Benefits of the Changes
Need Assistance? Reach Out to Us
- International students are not only the Canadian economy booster but also provide the driving force to the Canadian labour market.
- According to the immigration minister, the latest Canada Study Visa PGWP changes not only provide 18 months of additional time to international students but also hundreds of thousands of jobs waiting to be filled.
- Canada requires these thousands of skilled and hard-working labour forces that can support and contribute to the economy.
- Additionally, this change gives an opportunity to the inland applicants to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class because FSWP & CEC both of the Express Entry programs were paused by the IRCC from 21 September 2021.
- Each year plenty of the candidates received their Canada Permanent Residency who holds the PGWP.
- In the year 2021 around 88000 candidates became Permanent Residents of Canada. One of the major reasons why a huge number of candidates have received their PR is a study from Canada and a Canadian work experience.
- This year the government is expecting more than 50,000 candidates may receive the invitation to Apply for Canada PR.
In the conclusion, Canada’s immigration minister has added that “This special measure represents a growth potential in the economy, and will allow more graduates to make ???????? their home. Thank you to all those who collaborated with my team to extend this program, and to the international and post-graduate students who keep choosing Canada.”