Finally, The Good News Came from Canada…! those immigrants who have a valid COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) now they can travel to Canada as of June 21.
Previously, only those candidates were allowed to travel to Canada who have got their COPR on or prior to 18 March 2020. Apart from this, those candidates who fall in the exempt from travel restrictions category were permitted to travel. The reason of the restriction was to protect the health and safety of Canadians but due the restrictions the Canadian economy has faced quite crucial time in this pandemic such as demographic challenges and labour market shortages.
The new amendments are not only the signs of relief for the Canadian labour market but also almost 23000 COPR holders who were waiting for the news from the last 1 year or so.
As per the changes candidates who are currently holding a valid COPR can travel to Canada with certain health measurements. Such as,
- The travellers must be fully vaccinated by those combinations of vaccines which has approved by the government of Canada. Like, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- The vaccination must be completed 14 days prior to travel to Canada.
- Travellers can receive the said vaccine in any country but they must need to provide the digital copy of supportive documentation in English or French or with a certified translation.
- Travellers also must meet the travelling requirement including pre and post arrival testing and they must also be asymptomatic.
- Having ArriveCAN application must be in the phones with all the COVID-19 related information must be filled prior to arrival in Canada.
- Candidate need to have quarantine plan if candidates do not meet all of the conditions required
Check Your Eligibility for Free
- Candidates whose COPR requests have expired they should not book the flights or try to travel to Canada until IRCC provide the new COPR to them.
- In addition of the update, from the July 5th 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT candidates those who are fully vaccinated are now not need to be quarantine or take a COVID 19 test on 8th day and not to be needed to stay in a authorized government hotel fully vaccinated candidates who get the permission to travel to Canada.