The changes have been done.
After such a long waiting there are some positive news coming from Australia. As per the recent update the Tasmanian Skilled Migration State Nomination Programs are opened for general applicants from 29th January 2021. It has added both the subclass 491 and 190 for the nominations with the new and latest requirements. However, the requirement and changes are highly dependent of The Tasmanian Skilled Occupations List (TSOL) so before understanding the changes let’s figure out the basic overview of TSOL.
About the TSOL (Tasmanian Skilled Occupations List)
Apply now for Australia PR
- The TSO list is considering the skills which are in-demand in the Tasmania state at present.
- Secondly, it identifies the occupations which are define by the Australian government for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) and Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491).
- Third, the Tasmanian Government has been acknowledging the occupation list as per their areas of skills shortage and their possibilities of extending.
Explanation of the changes
Here is the category-wise brief of the changes about the Tasmania visa requirements.
Category – 1 – Graduates from Tasmania (Who will going to begin their studies after 30.06.2021)
- You can choose study in Tasmania and apply for the Australia PR. Candidates who want to apply for the subclass 190, they must have to completed their course full time and at least in 92 weeks. Additionally, they have lived in Tasmania for at least 2 years.
- All the candidates who like to apply for the subclass 190 and 49 must have to provide their career plan which explains that how the study increases their skill level and potential to find skilled based work in Tasmania (the condition will not applicable on those candidates who already working in a skilled occupation)
- Especially for the Certificate III & IV which has to be related with Priority Industry and Workforce Development Area of the state.
- Those applicants who do not hold their study visa while they completed their studies, they must have to complete a course which is related directly to the Priority Industry Training and Workforce Development Area.
- Within 2 to 3 years of the nomination all the aspirants must have valid prospects of the skill employment.
- Category 1 – Tasmanian Graduate – Priority Industry Training and Workforce Development Areas
Category 2 – Working in Tasmania
- Applicants who are on the work visa they must have to receiving the payments and the work conditions similarly as Australian permanent residents or citizens.
- Here is the list of the reviewed and updated version of the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List2020-21.
- Candidates who have started their employments after 29th January 2021 their pay must be according to the salary rate of the local labour market for the similar designations.
- Those who have started their employments after 29th January 2021 in the classified positions as per ANZSCO skill level 4 or 5 are not eligible unless:
- Their job is going from at least last 6 months before their date of application.
- The applicant has shown the reasonable career development prospects in the industry.
- The employment is situated at least 50 kilometers away from more than 5000 people population and the designation which shows a genuine labour market difficulty of the recruitment.
- The employment is associate with old age care and individual support (Unit Group 4233 Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers) and have the relevant qualification of certificate III.
- The designation which has an unavailability in the local community which includes the special qualification or experience.
- Candidates who have provided the evidence of previous related employment experience of the qualification
Category 3A – applicants from overseas (TSOL)
- The reviewed and updated version of the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List is published now for the overseas applicants.
- The applicant will be selected only while the first invited to apply from the migration Tasmania through SkillSelect.
Category 3B – applicants from overseas with the job offer
- The job offer must have the similar pay and condition which is equivalent to the labor market salary rate and which is similarly applicable to the Australian permanent residents and citizens.
Category 5 – Owners of the Small businesses
The applicants under the category must follow the give-below conditions.
Check Your Eligibility Now!
- The understanding of the Responsibilities
- Fulfil the requirements of treat every employee fairly at the work place.
- Keeping the employees’ records
- Managing and hiring as per the Fair Work Ombudsman
High Demand Occupations
- Here is the list of the occupations which are currently in “High Demand”.
- Especially Category 3A – applicants from overseas (TSOL) for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491).
- The listed occupations are high in demand and Exemption from Employability Requirement. This category candidates do not require to provide employability research and the proof of the research.
- They can apply directly if their experience match with the in-demand occupations and if they suffice the requirements of the English language.
After the pandemic especially offshore applicants are waiting the get some news from the Australia immigration department and this new from Tasmanian Government may help to boost the morale of them. Though, the program has opened now but still the distance is quite far because the Tasmania Skill Migration will be selecting the applicants from the skillSelect and having occupation in the list does not guaranteed the nomination too.