A series of updates are going on for South Australia, just a few days back there was an announcement that DHA has allocated the interim nomination places to SA for the year 2022 – 2023. And now the allocation figures are also declared. However, the 2022-23 program year will be opening soon for State’s Skilled & Business Migration programs. The interim allocation for South Australia is,
- General Skilled Migration Program: 5,880 places
- Business Innovation and Investment Program: 70 places
Apart from this, there is an important date announcement has also come for General Skilled Migration Program along with the latest update.
General Skilled Migration Program
There is skills shortage urgencies are facing by the state and as a result, to support the situation the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is going to open with more than 500 occupations from 25 August 2022. The information for the eligibility criteria will be available on the department’s website www.migration.sa.gov.au from Thursday 25 August 2022. However, currently the portal is closed due to maintenance until Wednesday 24 August 2022.
As the program is going to open soon. As a result, the state has given the nomination criteria for both offshore applicants and onshore applicants.Apply Now for Australia PR!
Criteria for the Offshore Applicants
- As per the demand of the time the state requires a good number of skilled migrants. South Australia is also one of the Australian states that are facing a huge labour market shortage.
- Increasing the nomination for offshore skilled migrants is the only and the fastest way to fulfil the requirement.
- If you are one of the candidates who is looking to apply for Australian permanent residency South Australia should be on your list.
- As per the state criteria, to apply for the state nomination candidates are required to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) using the Department of Home Affairs “SkillSelect” database.
- However, offshore applicants will not require to lodge a Registration of Interest (RoI) this program year.
- The state is going to nominate offshore applicants from more than 470 occupations. The aspirants are required to ensure that all information must be up to date in their SkillSelect EOIs.
- Moreover, the applicants are also required to select South Australia as their first preferred state to move to Australia.
Criteria for the Onshore Applicants
- Onshore applicants have the privilege to apply directly for the nomination. There are listed below streams are available for them
- South Australian Graduates
- Working in South Australia
- Outer Regional South Australia
- Long Term Residents
- Applicants who are residing in South Australia with an imminent Subclass 485 visa expiry may get a request to submit their profile only.
- Processing time will be updated regularly and that will appear here…
Check Your Eligibility Now
Business Innovation and Investment Program
- The state has received a limited allocation number of places for the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) from the Australian Government.
- Currently, there is no update for the particular program. However, skilled & business migration is looking to finalise South Australia’s BIIP nomination requirements for the year 2022-2023. However, the update may be updated soon on South Australia’s official website.