Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 30 invitations to apply under the Entrepreneur Stream. Those candidates are nominated under the stream who have a score between 138 to 160 points. The draw has been declared on August 16, 2022.
About an Entrepreneur Stream
The purpose of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s (OINP) Entrepreneur Stream is to support those entrepreneurs and business professionals who would like to start or buy a business in Ontario province. This Entrepreneur Stream provides a Pathway to Canada PR for entrepreneurs and business professionals once their business has been successfully established in Ontario. Based on the profile candidates may receive nominations from the province. Once the nominations have been received candidates are required to Apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for their Canadian permanent residence.Apply Now for Canada PR
Eligibility Criteria for Entrepreneur Stream
Here are the basic eligibility criteria for the Entrepreneur Stream. The criteria are divided into two segments.
- At least 24 months of full-time business experience in the last 60 months.
- Your experience must be as a business owner OR as a senior manager (business management).
- If you have experience as a business owner and as a senior manager, you must choose only ONE to use (i.e. whichever is the most recent or has more relevance to your proposed business).
- If your proposed business will be located within the GTA, you must have a minimum net worth of $800,000.
- If your proposed business will be located outside the GTA, you must have a minimum net worth of $400,000.
- For the Information and Communications Technology (ICT)/Digital Communications sector, you must have a minimum net worth of $400,000 irrespective of business location.
Personal Investment Funds
- Personal investments will only be considered if it comes after excluding cash, cash equivalents, working capital, or wages paid to you or a family member.
- As per mentioned-above, the business must be located within the GTA area and the requirement of personal investment will be $600,000
- Candidates who are proposing a business outside GTA or in ICT sector are required to make a personal investment of $200,000.`
- Candidates’ involvement is a must in the proposed or ongoing business.
- One-third of equity must be controlled by a candidate in the proposed business.
Capital Investment Purpose
- The Capital must not be invested in the proposed business for the primary purpose.
- The proposed business must create at least two permanent full-time jobs for Canadian citizens/permanent residents for a business located within the GTA. OR
- If a proposed business is outside GTA or in the ICT sector then it must be generated at least one permanent full-time job for Canadian citizens/permanent residents.
Check Your Eligibility for Free!
- You must visit Ontario in the past 12 months from the date of EOI submitted and if you have purchased or planning to purchase a business.
- Candidates must achieve at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 level or equivalent.
- Candidates can appear for any of the listed-below tests to qualify for Canada PR
- As per the criteria, candidates must physically reside in Ontario for 75 percent (nine months out of the year).
Need Assistance? Reach to Us!
- Candidates who qualified for the nomination must have to involve in the day-to-day management activities of their business.
If candidates would like to Apply for the Canada Permanent Residency through OINP Entrepreneur Stream then they must have to meet the above-mentioned criteria. However, there is a list of other streams also available for entrepreneurs and business professionals to Apply for Permanent Residency in Canada.