According to the latest data from the Ministry of External Affairs, Indian Students Studying Across the World are more than 11 lakh 33 thousand. Out of this number, Canada is holding more than 215,000 Indian students till the last year July and it is the second most preferred destination among Indian students. Moreover, this year more and more Indian students have added, so might be sooner or later the country will have the highest number of Indian students.
Certain reasons are playing a crucial role in the rapid popularity of Canadian study visas.
Enroll Now to Study at Your Dream Destination
- Canada is among the only countries that offer permanent residency not only to the inland applicants but also to the outland candidates.
- Secondly, Canada immigration gives priority in terms of points who study in Canada and/or have Canadian work experience.
- Other than that, the quality education, cost-effective institutes, enormous working opportunities, quality life, lowest crime rate and the best living experience in a beautiful environment.
- Apart from this, it is a general perception that students who studied in Canada and work permit holders have plenty of opportunities to settle in Canada more quickly than outland applicants.
- Here are some of the province wise options that can be helpful to the current student and work visa holders who are looking the settlement opportunities in Canada.
Settlement Options in Canada
One of the beautiful provinces of Canada has two streams for international students and work permit holders.
Alberta Opportunity Stream
- The Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) is for temporary foreign workers who are already working full-time in Alberta.
- Here are some of the other criteria that are applicable to apply for the AOS stream
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
- Alberta’s International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream (IGEIS) is designed for international students who have graduated from approved Alberta post-secondary institutions. Applicants establish or operate a business in Alberta on a work permit, and can then Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence.
- The basic age criteria for the stream are in between 21 years to 49 years.
This province has the highest number of programs available, especially for international students, international graduates and post-study work visa holders. The prime reason for that is the province does not have any program for the outlanders who do not have any job offer from any province-based employer or do not study in the province. The provincial programs fall into two categories
- Skills Immigration – The Skills Immigration Stream is for skilled workers, healthcare professionals, international graduates and post-graduates as well as entry-level and semi-skilled workers. All candidates need to have a job offer or a current job, except for international post-graduates.
- Express Entry BC – Express Entry BC aligns with the federal government’s Express Entry immigration selection system, allowing eligible applicants to receive priority processing of both their BC PNP application and if nominated, their permanent residence application.
This is one of the provinces not only open for the inland candidates but also open for the outside aspirants too. The province has three streams under which they are inviting both inland and outland candidates both. Although, the province is famous for its family class program but over the past few years the province has mainly invited the candidates who are either a job offer from in Manitoba-based employer or have done their studies within the province.
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba – Stream supports Inside Canada (Manitoba) candidates
Only graduates of Manitoba post-secondary educational institutions are considered. You are eligible if your Manitoba employer offers you a long-term job following at least six months of continuous full-time employment on a valid post-graduation work permit.
- International Education Stream
This stream is for Manitoba graduates and it is dedicated to providing international students graduating in Manitoba and meeting the needs of industry with faster pathways to the nomination.
- Career Employment Pathway
The Career Employment Pathway provides faster nomination pathways for post-secondary students who graduate and find long-term employment in Manitoba in an in-demand occupation
- Graduate Internship Pathway
The Graduate Internship Pathway provides faster nomination pathways for International Student Master and Doctoral Graduates Through Internships Contributing To Industry Innovation in Manitoba. Graduates who complete an Accelerate or Elevate internship with Mitacs in Manitoba can apply to the MPNP immediately after graduation, whether or not they have a job offer
- International Student Entrepreneur Pilot
The International Student Entrepreneur Pilot will provide up to 20 (per calendar year) international students who have graduated in Manitoba the opportunity to pursue entrepreneurship rather than employment. Once the applicant meets the conditions of their Business Performance Agreement, they are nominated for permanent residence.
This is one of the small provinces of Canada and international students have two streams to apply for their Canada permanent residency.
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
New Brunswick accepts applications under this category from individuals who have received a full-time, permanent job offer from a New Brunswick employer.
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
New Brunswick accepts applications under this category from individuals who have graduated from a recognized academic institution in New Brunswick, and have started or acquired a business in the province.
Newfoundland & Labrador
- International Graduate Category
The International Graduate Category is for recent international graduates who are staying in Canada on a Post-Graduate Work Permit, and who have a job or a job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker
The Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker is for skilled workers who have a job offer and who have an Express Entry profile.
- Skilled Worker Category
The Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers who have a job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer. This includes workers who are currently in the province with a valid work permit.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
The International Graduate Entrepreneur Category is for international graduates of a Newfoundland and Labrador post-secondary institution, who want to establish, co-own or run a business in the province, with a pathway to Canadian permanent residence.
International Graduates In-Demand Stream
“Specialized stream for Occupations: Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates (NOC 3413); Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).”
“You must have at least a high school education; You must have completed a course of study that is at least 30 weeks long, in the last three years. At least half of the program must have been completed in Nova Scotia”
These listed below categories are included in the stream. All these streams are for those candidates who have a full-time valid job offer from Nova Scotia’s employers. Even they did not have a study from NS. Additionally, International Students can also be eligible for the stream
- Occupation In-Demand Stream
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
One of the popular provinces of Canada has various streams to apply for permanent residency. Here are the categories and streams brief explanation
International Graduates sub-stream and PhD. And Master’s Graduate Stream
International Graduates sub-stream is fall into the Human Capital Category. Ontario’s Masters or PhD Graduate Stream gives international students, who have graduated with a master’s or PhD degree from an eligible university in Ontario, the opportunity to immigrate permanently to Ontario without the requirement of a job offer.
Employer Job Offer Category
- Foreign Worker Stream
The Ontario Foreign Worker Stream under the Employer Job Offer category is an immigration stream open to applicants residing in and outside of Canada who have an eligible job offer from an employer in Ontario.
- International Student Stream
Ontario’s International Student Stream of the Employer Job Offer category provides international students, who have a job offer in an eligible skilled occupation in Ontario, a pathway to permanent residence.
- In-demand skills Stream
Foreign nationals can only apply if they have received a permanent and full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, meet all eligibility criteria, and have an Employer Form from the prospective employer.
Prince Edward Island
The smallest province of Canada has four streams through which any graduate or job offer holder or work visa holder can apply for her Canada PR.
- Labour Impact Category
- International Graduate Stream
Job Offer Based Stream
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Critical Worker Stream
This francophone province of Canada has a specialized stream to apply for the Canada Permanent Residency. They have a program called Quebec Experience Program, under which foreign students who have studied in Quebec may be eligible to apply for a CSQ under the stream.
This immigration-oriented province has four streams for the international students, job offers and works visa holders.
International Skilled Worker Category
The International Skilled Worker Category consists of three pathways
- Employment Offer
- Occupations In-Demand,
- Saskatchewan Express Entry
Saskatchewan Experience Category
This sub-category is for students who graduated from a post-secondary institution anywhere in Canada, and who worked in Saskatchewan for at least 24 months. Students who graduated from a Saskatchewan institution need to have worked in the province for just 6 months.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
This category is for international students graduating from eligible post-secondary institutions in Saskatchewan and who are planning to start a business in the province.
Ready to Start a New Life in Canada