Australian Capital Territory declared the latest Canberra Matrix Invitation Round on 17 October 2022. This is the second invitation round of the month. The draw has invited small business owners, subclass 457/482 visa holders, critical skill occupations holders, and overseas applicants.
- For each month, the ACT has a fixed number of nomination places available (pro-rata against the annual allocation).
- As per the draw, the highest-ranked Matrix in each of the occupations was invited to apply for the ACT nomination.
- The remaining monthly allocation, the date and time of Matrix submission, cap of occupation and demand, and these factors are responsible for the cut-off of the selection.
- The higher rank of the Matrix score invited is based on the greater demand of the occupation.
- The minimum ranking score is only an indication but it is not sure that you will be invited. However, the candidates will not get invitations if their applications are active in the system or if candidates may have previously received the nomination from the ACT.
Ranking Information Requests
Does the Department or ACT Authorities Consider Requirements for Ranking Information?
- As per the update, the invitations are not guaranteed, and they will not respond to any request.
- Moreover, the department and the authorities will also not be responsible for any information on ranking or receiving invitations.
- Here candidates also need to understand that Matrix will not invite candidates based on priority or personal circumstances.
- However, it includes and is not limited to the visa expiry dates or changes in the circumstances (for instance, including nearer birthdays that affect the eligibility criteria).
Matrix–Nominating Small Business Owners
- 190 nominations: 15 invitations
- 190 minimum matrix score: 90
- 491 nominations: 2 invitations
- 491 minimum matrix score: 70
Matrix–Nominating 457 / 482 visa holders
- 190 nominations: 1 invitation
- 491 nominations: – invitation
Matrix–Nominating Critical Skill Occupations
- 190 nominations: 74 invitations
- 491 nominations: 101 invitations
Matrix–Nominating Critical Skill Occupations:
- 190 nominations: 20 invitations
- 491 nominations: 254 invitations
2022-2023 Allocation of Act Nomination Places
The ACT Received an Interim Allocation for the 2022-2023 Program Year.
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa: 800 places
- Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491) visa: 1920 places
Application Count on 17 October 2022
Total Approvals: 718 Approvals
- 190 Nominations: 231 approvals
- 491 Nominations: 487 approvals
Total Refusals: 174 Applications
- 190 Nominations: 43 refusals (16%)
- 491 Nominations: 131 refusals (21%)
Remaining Allocation 2022-2023
Total Allocation Remaining: 2002 Nomination Places (236 Per Month)
Contact Us for More information!
- 190 Nominations: 569 (pro rata 67 per month)
- 491 Nominations: 1433 (pro rata 169 per month)