UK Student Visa – The Assurance of Shinning Future
The UK is one of the foremost educational destinations for youths planning to study overseas. The presence of the world’s highest-ranked universities makes the UK a perfect place to produce better off minds. Let’s understand the most prevalent reasons to study in the UK.
Why Choose to Study in the UK?
Excellent Teaching Standards
The teaching standards and patterns of UK Universities are constantly audited by the QAA (Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education). Hence, the universities are bound to maintain high teaching and learning standards which eventually is a benefit for you.
Improved Language Proficiency
The UK is an English inclined country. Hence, the living environment gives you a great chance to enhance your language skills and get yourself ready for the international job market.
Shorter Course Durations
The duration of the courses in the UK is smaller as compared to the counterparts. For example, an undergraduate degree can be completed in 3 years, and a master’s degree needs just one year to get finished. This can make a significant difference in the cost you are spending on your livelihood while residing in the country. Also, the job can be started sooner allowing you to extend your work experience.
Varied Course Options
The universities in the UK offer an extensive range of degrees in a variety of subjects including Art and Design, Business and Management, Engineering, Media and so on. Hence, it’s easy for you to choose a degree of your choice and go as per your interest and enthusiasm.
The UK welcomes students from almost every country across the globe. The heterogeneity is compelling to learn new languages and cultures and understand the world in a better way.
Types of UK Student Visa
The above benefits are undoubtedly impressive and can lead your way to the land of the UK. Obtaining a UK student visa is a prerequisite for many international students willing to move and study in the UK. Well, you have many options to accomplish the task, however, the choice and visa approval depend on the duration of your desired study program, availability of funding, and so on.
Let’s understand the different types of the UK Student Visa
1. Short-term Student Route (Previously Short-term Study Visas)
The short-term study route is ideal for the students who want to pursue a short-term study course (such as 6 months or 11 months) in the country. Below are the preconditions you must meet to apply for the UK short-term study visa
- You must be enrolled in a recognized UK school or university.
- You must have sufficient funds to manage your fees and living cost in the country.
Short-term Study Visa – Document Requirement
- A valid passport.
- Proof of financial stability.
- Acceptance letter from a UK institute or university.
- Health certificates (if required).
- Permission letter from parents or guardian (for minors).
A short-term study visa does not permit you to work or take a family member along. Also, the visa cannot be extended.
2. Student Visa (Previously Tier 4 Visa)
The student visa (Tier 4, general) is the most common type of visa applied by students intending to study in the UK. The validity of the visa is equivalent to the duration of the course plus one month and is suitable to pursue a course that lasts for more than six months.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Tier-4 (General) Student Visa
- You must be enrolled in a recognized UK institute or university.
- You must have sound language ability.
- You must have sufficient funds to manage your dwelling and the cost of Studying in the UK.
- You must be above 16 years.
Tier 4 Student Visa – Document Requirement
- A valid passport
- Proof of sufficient funds to manage the tuition fees and other living expenses
- Proof of acceptance in the underlying school or university
- CAS reference number
- Health certificates (if required)
- Passport size photographs
Tier 4 Student Visa (General) – Step by Step Process
1. Check Your Eligibility
There is a certain set of eligibility criteria you must fulfill to apply for any type of UK student visa. You must assure you meet the criteria before moving to the next steps. Tier 4 (general) the most prevalent UK student visa applied by international students.
To know the eligibility criteria associated with Tier 4 (general) student visa, refer to the above section.
2. Get the Required Documents Ready
The next step is to get all the documents ready. The absence or inappropriate presence of a single document may lead to the rejection of your application, hence, be careful while collecting the documents.
The list of mandatory documents is given in the above section. You may be asked for a few more, however, these are the prominent ones.
3. Raise the Visa Application
Raise your visa application. For this, you have to create an account on the UK visa website. You are required to fix an appointment with the visa application center as an important part of your application process. Accomplish it using the online application calendar.
4. Settle the Application Fee
It’s time to pay the visa fee. You have many options to do so. This includes visiting the application center, making the payment at a standard charted bank, or paying online.
5. Pay the Visit to the Application Center
Visit the visa application center at the scheduled date and time and complete the formalities.
Tier 4 UK Student Dependent Visa
Tier 4 visa holders can bring their dependents (family members) to the UK on a dependent visa. A dependent can be
- Unmarried partner living together with the applicant for a minimum period of two years.
- Children under 18 years of age.
To acquire a dependent visa for your partner or children, you must satisfy any one criteria of the following
- You must be enrolled in a full-time course at the post-graduate level. The minimum duration of the course must be 9 months.
- You must be a doctorate extension scheme student.
- You must be a government-sponsored student and enrolled in a course that needs at least six months to get completed.
UK Intake Details
Uk’s academic year commences in the month of September and ends in July. The universities in the UK primarily have three intakes which are as under
- Intake 1 – Starts in September/October. It’s a major one of all three.
- Intake 2 – Starts in January/February.
- Intake 3 – Starts in May/June (the intake is only for a restricted number of courses).
Employment Permissions for the students
- The student must NOT be a minor.
- The student pursuing a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course is allowed to accomplish part-time employment (20 hours per week). The hours can be extended during holidays and vacations.
Dependent Visa Holder
Dependent visa holders (spouse) have the right to work anywhere in the country, however, they cannot work as doctors in training.
The marvelous lifestyle and high-class degree may instantly inspire you to select a UK university, gain a UK student visa and take a flight. The move, however, is not as easy as you think. The trouble and frustration associated with the visa process can definitely halt your way and disappoint you.
Hold on! don’t get distressed. We are here to help you. Connect with Our UK Student Visa Experts asap to finish a timely and stress-free UK student visa process.
CELPIP: Obtain a High Score in Your CELPIP Writing Tasks
If you are thinking to prepare to migrate to Canada then you should clear some selection criteria for...
CRS – An Essential Constituent to Achieve Canadian PR Through Express Entry
A high CRS score is imperative to leverage the job opportunities Canada is holding. The score determi...