The series of some good news is continued from Canada. As per the recent update, the Canadian government has lifted the COVID – 19 test requirements for fully vaccinated travellers. Travellers with full vaccination will not require a pre-arrival COVID 19 test from April 1st.
Important Highlights of The Announcement
Check Your Eligibility Now!
- The recent rule would apply to the travellers are arriving from all the ports.
- All the pre-arrival testing requirements are call off. However, the Canadian government may take a random test of any travellers at any port.
- The random test will be done to just trace and track the new COVID 19 variant.
- In these random testing, if any fully vaccinated travellers are selected, then they do not need to quarantine until the result come.
- Previously, Canada has also eased their travelling requirement on 28 February.
- As per that announcement, passengers who are currently travelling to Canada need to submit their antigen test 24 hours before flight departure or arrive at the land border of Canada. Additionally, the test has been approved by the country from where the traveller is arriving.
- The home base test is not valid. Apart from this, passengers need to do the molecular test within 72 hours of coming to Canada.
- Here passengers also need to take care that their test results and other relevant detail must be submitted in the ArriveCan application before crossing the road.
- Additionally, the 28 February announcement has also removed the two weeks quarantine for the unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years while entering Canada.
Who Can Travel to Canada?
Need Assistance? Reach Out to Us
- The fully vaccinated mandate will be applicable on all the travellers who would like to Move to Canada such as,
- Permanent Residency holders
- Temporary Residency and
- Visitor Visa holders
- Apart from this, those foreign unvaccinated travellers may come to Canada under certain conditions like,
- Below 18 years of age who would like to visit the family or Study in Canada.
- They do cross the border frequently for communities work or day-to-day functions.
- Passing to another country through Canada
- Temporary foreign workers (applicable for only farming or food processing workers)
- Visit to address any emergencies like, funeral, caring or visiting critically ill family or friend)
- Marine crew members, commercial fishing vessels
- French citizens
- Any diplomat immediate family members
- Ukrainian citizens
- This unvaccinated or partially vaccinated traveller still need to be tested while travel to Canada. Additionally, they also need to quarantine for at least two weeks and they also need to do a test on the eighth day of their quarantine.
This announcement may bring smiles to millions. Canada Immigration has not only opened the gates for the permanent residents, temporary visa holders and visitor visa holders but also, with this news they are opening the tourist visa as well. According to this news, the Canadian government requires a fully approved dose and evidence. There is no requirement for any booster dose. However, the final dose must have been taken within 14 days of arrival in Canada. Along with that, travellers also need to upload their vaccination proof on the ArriveCan app.