After waiting for more than one and half years, the Australia Immigration department has coming with some great news for the offshore migrants. In the last couple of months, Australia Government has declared stage wise declarations.
Apply for Australia Immigration Easily
- In the end of the September month South Australia has allowed seventy occupations for offshore applicants.
- Then in the earlier week of October New South Wales has launch NSW Pilot Plan in support of returning of international students in Australia.
- In the same month, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has given a sign that the borders are going to open soon once the 80% vaccination target will be achieved.
- On 24th November 2021, again a great news came from Australia Immigration that the Australia opening border to foreign students & skilled workers from December 1st.
- Now one more good news bring the satisfaction among many international students.
As per the latest update from the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs Alex Hawke has published a media release that has brought smiles to almost 30K offshore international students.
A Chrismas Gift from Australia Immigration
The Hon Alex Hawke MP (Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs) have declared the COVID-19 relaxation for offshore temporary graduate visa holders.
- As per the declaration, Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa holders who have not able to travel to Australia during the Wuhan Virus Pandemic and international borders’ restrictions can now apply for the Replacement Visa.
- As per Mr Hawke this relaxation will be applicable on both current and former Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa holders. However, the changes will be applicable on those candidates whose visas expired on or after 1st February 2020.
- In the general scenario this Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa can apply for only once in a lifetime by all the applicants. In addition, further visa can only apply based on study or work permit in the regional area. Whereas, now under this new subclass 485 visas candidates will get the same duration as the original visa have been granted.
- Nearly 30,000 Temporary Graduate visa holders may get the benefit of these amendments. Those who have lost their precious time due to restriction, they will now eligible to apply for another subclass 485 visa.
- Fully vaccinated Temporary Graduate visa holders can now travel to Australia from 1st December 2021.
- Apart from this, as per Australia Immigration Minister’s update those graduates whose visa have already expired can apply for the Replacement Visa from 1st July 2022.
Some More Good News for Masters Graduate
Enroll Now to Study in Australia
- Those candidates who have done their masters and they have or had hold Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa will get some more benefits. For Masters by coursework graduates will increase their stay period from two to three years.
- Additionally, the stay period for those candidates who have hold Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa and applied for Graduate Work Stream they will also get the benefit of increasing stay period from 18 months to 24 months
- Moreover, Australia Immigration department has remove the Skill Occupations List requirement for the graduates to get the nomination
- The changes of increasing stay period will be implemented form 1st December 2021. Whereas, the skilled occupation list requirement removal will be applicable from 1st July 2022.
Australia Immigration Purpose Behind the Changes
Australian government has implemented these significant changes because of some deep down purpose.
- As per Minister Mr Hawke “The government has understands the important of international student community for the country’s economy development.” He added that the Australia Immigration is looking forward to welcome more and more fully vaccinated Student and Temporary Graduate visa holders from 1st December 2021.
- Mr Alan Tudge has also given his thoughts on the announcement; he said, “The news will give confidence among international students that they will get the opportunity to use their knowledge, skills and education in Australian job market.
- The recent changes by the Australia Immigration bring hope among those students who are looking to study in Australia. As a result, Australia once again will become the favourite destination to study, work and settle for them.
- Australia Immigration Minister have also added that the increasing length of Temporary Graduate visas for Masters by Coursework and Vocational Education and Training (VET) graduates will benefit not only to these Temporary Graduate visa holders but also to the Australian economy as well.
Here are the important point of these announcements in the nutshell.
- This COVID 19 concession is for offshore temporary graduate visa holders.
- Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa can apply for a replacement visa. However, their visas should be expire on or after 1 February 2020.
- Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa holders can comeback in Australia from 1 December 2021
- There are approximate 30,000 Temporary Graduate visa holders will be benefited with the announcement.
- Stay period will increase from 2 years to 3 years for Masters by Coursework graduates from 1st December 2021.
- For Graduate Work Stream Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa holders stay will increase from 18 to 24 months.
- Requirement of skills occupation list will have been removed for graduates from 1st July 2022 to get nominate.