Student Visa Australia (Subclass 500) – Types, Method and Processing Time
Are you planning to study in Australia?
You must require an Australian student visa as a prerequisite to go ahead.
Although a huge range of visa subclasses are available based on your age-group, the stay duration, and the purpose of going, the most common type of visa applied by the youths wishing to undergo higher studies in Australia is Australian student visa subclass 500.
The visa allows you to reside in Australia for a time duration equivalent to the duration of the course you want to pursue (which is generally five years).
The visa can be easily applied online using an application called ImmiAccount and the general fees associated with the application is 620 AUD (33,272 INR).
However, there are a few preconditions you are required to satisfy to finish your Australian student visa process successfully. Let’s have a look at the list
- You should be enrolled in your desired study program in Australia.
- You should be minimum 6 years of age.
- You should carry a welfare arrangement proof in case your age is below 18 years.
Below is given a list of alternate visa types you can opt to fly to Australia.
Different Visa Types to Study in Australia
- Student Visa (subclass 500) – Allows you to undergo any study program in Australian land. The general validity of the visa is 5 years.
- Visitor Visa (subclass 600,601,651) – Allows you to pursue a short term course in Australia. The validity of the visa is up to 3 months.
- Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 and 462) – Allows you to pursue a short term course in Australia. The validity is up to 4 months.
- Training Visa (subclass 407) – Allows you to participate in occupational training in Australia.
Step-by-Step Process to Apply for Australia Student Visa
Let us understand the step-by-step process to apply for an Australian student visa
1. Apply to your desired study program in Australia
Getting enrolled in an Australian school is a prerequisite to apply for an Australian student visa successfully. The confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) you receive from the underlying school is a mandatory document you require to commence your visa application process.
2. Create your account
The next thing you need to do is creating an account with the Australian immigration authorities.
Register yourself on the link https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/register by providing your details and agreeing to their conditions.
3. Get ready with all the required documents
You require a couple of documents to apply for an Australian student visa. The list is given as under
- CoE you received from the institute you are enrolled in.
- Your health insurance particulars.
- A valid passport.
- Your birth certificate.
- A document showing your financial stability (such as a bank statement).
- Your English language proficiency test scorecard.
- A character certificate to showcase your clean criminal record.
- Document showcasing the previous employment (if applicable).
Make sure to prepare all the documents in the digital format.
Above is a list of the most common documents you require. However, you can expect to present some more documents as a part of your Australian student visa process.
4. Apply for the visa online
Now it’s time to raise your visa application. The visa should be applied at least 124 days before the course starts.
Fill the application form with the required details and submit it. You can also save the application and submit it later if you want.
5. Make payment and obtain a TRN number
Once you have completed the application, it’s time to make the payment now. You can use your credit card to accomplish the task.
After the successful completion of the payment, you will receive a TRN(Transaction Reference Number). This number can be used as proof of the payment as well as to track the status of your application.
6. Undergo the required health checkup and interview
You may require to undergo a health checkup or a visa interview as a part of your visa process. Action accordingly to move forward.
7. Get ready to take off
Once your application gets approved, you are free to Travel to Australia.
Always remember one thing. Don’t violate any condition mentioned in your visa to ensure its validity.
Note: To know more about the Australian student visa process, feel free to get in touch with our Australian student visa experts.
Processing Time for the Student Visa Subclass 500?
The processing time for your visa may fluctuate depending on the sector you are applying in. However, the general processing time for the student visa subclass 500 can be seen as under
- For the higher education sector
75% of the applications get processed in 29 days and 90% of the applications get processed in 42 days.
- For vocational education and training sector
75% of applications get processed in 43 days and 90% of applications get processed in 77 days.
Getting your Australian student visa application approved is not an easy chore and needs an extra hand of caution. A single mistake committed in the visa application can lead to the rejection of your application. Hence, rather than going blindly, holding a reliable hand to reach your destination is always a wise decision.
Aspire Square is one of the leading names in the list of Australia Immigration Consultants located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. We have a huge team of Australian student visa experts capable of assisting you from the top to toe of your visa process and landing you to in your dreamland.
In addition to easing your Australian student visa process, we also provide coachings such as IELTS Coaching and PTE Coaching imperative to enhance your English proficiency skills and get a remarkable score on your scorecard.
Feel Free to Get in Touch With Our Australia Student Visa Experts for any kind of further assistance.
USA Student Visa – Comprehensive Details and Requirements
USA continuous to be a foremost destination for the student seeking to study abroad. Are you on t...
PTE Study Plan: Get the Best Ways to Prepare Yourself for PTE Exam
PTE stands for Pearson’s test of English language formerly known as London Tests of English, is a c...