A couple of months on 15 November 2022, there was an announcement that the UK agreed to make India part of their Young Professionals Visa Scheme. Then in January month, there is an official date declared from when the schemed will be launched, which is 28 February 2023. In the hierarchy yet another update came that now the ballot is open for the scheme to apply. Read more about the dates and application process.
So Indians get ready to apply under UK’s Young Professionals Visa Scheme, as the ballot for the scheme is about to be introduced first time for Indian professionals from 28 February 2023.
What is the India Young Professionals Scheme Visa?
- The specific scheme allows young Indians between the age of 18 to 30 years to come to the UK to live and work for years.
- To qualify for the scheme, the candidates are required to be selected in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot before they can apply for this visa.
- To enter the ballot, candidates are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria and other requirements.
Check Your Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be Indian nationals or citizens and must have age between 18 years to 30 years
- Below 18 years candidates must be at least 18 years old on or before the date of travel to the UK.
- Aspirants are required to qualify for a bachelor’s degree level or above.
- All the eligible candidates must have savings of at least £2,530 to support you in the UK.
- Any of the candidates must not have any children under the age of 18 years or who are not dependent on you.
- The application and the selection must have to be done from the ballot before applying for the UK Visa.
- You are an Indian but if you are already in the UK then you cannot apply under the scheme.
- As a candidate, you must have at least £2,530 in your bank account as financial support while you are in the UK.
- You are required to have the fund available at least 28 days in a row. 28th day must be within 31 days of applying for the visa.
- The money must be your own and maintained by you.
Source of the fund
- current account
- Fixed Deposit
- savings account
- pension savings**
- investment account
Proof of the fund
- Bank statements
- Certificates of deposit
- Bank Balance letter from your bank
- if you have cash then it must be in a bank account and also immediately accessed.
- A valid passport
- Financial proofs as per above-mentioned
- Educational documents
- Police Clearance Certificate
- All the documents must be in the English language. If not then certified translated copies are required.
How to Apply?
Once you are successfully nominated through the ballot then after you need to apply for further visa process.
- You may require to give your biometric and photograph taken at the visa application center.
- For the process, you may require to take a prior appointment.
- Once you have been successful in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot. Then you will receive the invitation to apply.
- Afterwards, you can apply for a further visa online.
- If the department required any other documents, they will inform you and within the stipulated time you need to submit those additional documents.
- You may also need to face an interview as well.
- To faster the decision you may insist to pay. However, the decision depends on the applicants.
The Ballot System
- The first-ever ballot for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa, will open at 2:30 pm India Standard Time on 28 February 2023, and close at 2:30 pm India Standard Time on 2 March.
- To enter the ballot you are required to have your
- Date of birth
- Passport details
- A scan or photo of your passport
- Phone number
- Email address
- It is a random selection process which will nominate the candidates within 2 weeks.
- Entry is free. However, as a client, you should be ready to pay £259 and be able to prove your eligibility through your documents.
- After receiving the invitation to apply you will have 30 days to pay the visa fees and pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS).
- In this February ballot, 2400 visas will be allotted.
- There are likely chances that the next ballot is held in late July 2023.
Cost to Apply for Young Professionals Scheme Visa
- Application fee – £259 (₹ 26000 approx)
- Healthcare surcharge – £940 (₹ 94000 to 95000 approx)
- Prove you have £2,530 in personal savings (₹ 260,000 approx)
This is one of the promising visa schemes launched by the UK especially, for young Indian professionals. Nearly 3000 professionals can take the advantage of the scheme every year. As per the criteria, they are allowed to stay in the UK and work in the UK for 24 months without any hassle. Most importantly these youngsters do not need to pay the huge fees of a study visa neither they require to give English language proficiency tests. They can be nominated based only on their education and work experience. However, these applicants are not allowed to extend their stay but may be eligible to apply for any further visa.