The new financial year in Australia commenced on 1st July 2022, and along with that several important schedule changes have also been implemented by the Australian Government. If you are looking to Study in Australia in the upcoming November-2022 intake or January-2023 intake then you should be aware of the five important announcements.
Important Updates for Australia Study Visa
There is a range of updates have been declared that are going to affect not only international students who are in Australia but also those who are planning to study in Australia. Here is the list of the updates
Be Ready to Study at Australia
- Visa Fees Changes
- Minimum Wage Rate Increase
- Replacement Temporary Graduates Visa
- Temporary Skill Shortage Workers get Pathway to PR
- Course Change will not be allowed from now
Visa Fees Changes
- There is a minor change has been declared by the Australian government in visa fees from 1st July 2022.
- Previously, international students need to pay $630 Australian Dollars for their Student Visa Process.
- However, from the beginning of the new financial year, the visa fees have been hiked by $20 Australian Dollars.
- As a result, now in the upcoming time, international students need to pay $650 Australian Dollars.
Minimum Wage Rate Increase
- There is good news that has also been announced with the new financial year. The newly appointed government has increased the minimum wage rates.
- As per the changes, the new National Minimum Wage is increased by $1.05 an hour. It means $40 dollars per week is increased in the total weekly wages from 1 July 2022.
- As a result, now the new National Minimum Wage is $21.38 dollars per hour $812.60 dollars per week.
- The honourable Prime Minister Mr Anthony Albanese tweeted last month and announced the changes.
Temporary Graduate Visas
This is one of the biggest updates of the last year under the previous government’s rule. Replacement Temporary Graduate Visa changes have been proposed by Mr Alex Hawke, former Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services, and Multicultural Affairs, in November 2021. The changes address those candidates who are currently holding or previously had 485 Subclass Temporary Graduate Visas but due to the Wuhan COVID – 19 Virus and travel restriction those candidates have lost the chance to apply for the further visa. Here are some of the highlighted points of the announcement.
- Candidates who previously hold the temporary graduate visa that expired on 1st February 2020 or after are eligible to apply.
- Secondly, the candidates outside of Australia can only be eligible if they were outside between 1 February 2020 and 15 December 2021.
- Almost 30k plus candidates are expected to get the benefit of the changes.
- Full visa application fees are $1680 dollars and all the supportive documents are required to apply
Read More: Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) Update and Requirement
Temporary Skill Shortage Workers (TSS) Get Pathway To PR
The TSS visa is going to benefit those aspirants who have received their visas during the Wuhan COVID – 19 virus pandemic situation. As per the reforms, the Australia Permanent Residency would be easier for this visa subclass holders.
In addition, the aspirants can be eligible to Apply for Australian PR through the temporary residence transition stream (TRTS) employer nomination scheme. Here are the basic requirements to apply
Start Your Immigration Process Early!
- Candidates must be in Australia for a minimum of 12 months between February 1, 2020, and December 14, 2021. Moreover, they have to fulfil other requirements such as
- Candidates must be working for the same employer for at least three years
- They should be under the age of 45 years at the time of application lodged.
- Candidates have to prove basic English language proficiency that is at least 6 bands in each.
Course Change Will Not be Allowed from Now
In April 2022, the Australian government announced this reform. As per the changes from 1st July onwards students who enrolled for the Australian universities and study visas are not allowed to change their courses, until and unless the approval of the immigration minister.
- The immigration minister can only be allowed the change of course if there will be no security threat to the country’s technology.
- The changes will be applicable to those students who study or going to study the listed below courses.
- Graduate certificate
- Graduate diploma
- Master’s degree
- Doctorate or
- Any bridging courses that have required as a prerequisite of any research-based course or master’s degree course or doctorate.
Read More: New Change of Course Rules for Australian Study Visa (Subclass 500) Holders
The newly formed government is led by Prime Minister Mr Anthony Albanese. He has their specific plans and he believes that foreign workers could be allowed to live permanently in Australia the government is thinking to launch a pathway to Australian PR to foreign nationals because they can bring a huge difference to the Australian economy. Moreover, the government also keep an eye on the delay of Australia study visa processing time to improvise the issue rate faster.
Need Assistance? Reach to Us!