Mount Allison University is holding more than 170 years of history. It is one of the oldest institutes in Canada.
- The university is home to more than 2300 domestic and international students.
- International students come from around the world.
- According to enrolment figures about 50+ countries, students are studying at Mt Allison University.
- The university offers more than 50 programs in Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees. Here are some of the popular streams for the undergraduate programs
Undergraduate Programs streams at Mount Allison University
- Fine Arts
Masters Programs Streams at Mount Allison University
Choose Your Desired Program
- certificates in bilingualism
Why Study at MTA, Canada?
Here are some of the strong reasons to select Mount Allison University as your next study destination.
- The university holds #1 in scholarships and bursaries
- They hold #2 undergraduate university in Canada
- According to Maclean’s magazine, the university rankings, the MtA holds the top undergraduate university in Canada rank more than any other Canadian institute.
- The campus is spread in 72 acres in Sackville, New Brunswick
- The university is awarding 50+ programs and 6 degrees.
- The university is holding 2300+ students and 500+ faculty and staff as of date.
- The current student-faculty ratio is 15:1 and the average first-year class size is 41 students.
Admission Requirements for Mount Allison University
The admission criteria and the requirements are varying to the degree you would like to apply for and it considers the country in which you are living. As far as, India is concerned, here are the requirements needed to follow by the students to apply for Mount Allison University.
Requirements For India at MTA, Canada
Minimum entry requirements:
- Higher Secondary Certificate Examinations (HSC)
- Senior School Certificate Examinations (CBSE)
- Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISC board)
Minimum scores of 55 per cent in all courses taken
Typically only four courses are taken/available to be taken
Bachelor of Science: Requires Grade 12 math
An accepted proof of English proficiency
Transfer students: minimum CGPA 2.0/4.0
Check Your Eligibility for Free!
English Language Requirements for Mount Allison University
| MINIMUM SCORE REQUIRED
| TOEFL Test of English as a Foreign Language
|The overall test required : 90
|With minimum band score:
| Listening: 17
| Reading: 18
| Speaking: 20
| Writing: 17
| IELTS (Academic)International English Language Testing System
| Overall 6.5 Bands
| With no band score lower than 6 bands in each module
| CAEL (CE) Canadian Academic English Language Assessment, Computer Edition
| With no part lower than 60 in each
|Cambridge English (B2 First, C1 Advanced, or C2 Proficiency)
| With no band score lower than 169
| DUOLINGO English Test
| With no band score lower than the following minimum:
| Comprehension 125
Literacy 120 Conversation 110 Production 95
How To Apply at MTA, Canada?
To apply for Mount Allison University there are some basic steps you may follow. Although, before that, you need to identify what sort of student are you?
There are two categories for undergraduate courses
Let’s Start with Step 1
- High School Students – The high school students considered who are currently studying in the high school or have just completed their high school diploma or standard 12th. Ideally, high school students are under the age of 22 years.
- Mature Students – The mature students who are above the age of 22 years and completed their high school diploma or standard 12th but have not finished their college or university.
Before You Apply to Mount Allison University
Before you apply for the Mount Allison University things that you need to considered.
Decide the program that you would study and pursue your career in the specific industry.
Check the academic requirement and English language accordingly as per the program.
Select the right time to apply for admission. Admissions are based on your supporting documents and divided into two categories.
- The early admissions (October – January)
- General admissions (February – August)
As per the current scenario, we strongly recommend that student should initiate their admission process for the fall intake.
Even some students who are unable to apply for September intake should initiate the admission process for the January intake.
There are three easy steps through, which you can apply for the Mount Allison University
Step 1 – Submit your application
- To submit your application for admission, first need to create an application account on the portal and fill out the application form and the scholarship form (if you are eligible for the scholarship).
- You need to upload your identity and academic documents along with the application.
- Lastly, you can apply by paying the application fees. There are likely chances that you may not pay any application fees, as Aspire Square is an official education partner of Mount Allison University so be in contact with Aspire Square’s counsellors.
Step 2 – Submit your Relevant Documents
- While applying for admission you need to upload your supporting documents to the MtA application account.
- For instance – international students need to submit the given below documents along with their application.
- A copy of my passport
- Proof of English Language test result (if required)
- High School Final transcript or Diploma Transcript (if available)
- Supporting documents of scholarship (if applicable)
Step 3 – Received an offer letter
Check The Admission Process
- Once you fill out your application forms, upload the supporting document and applied successfully then it will go to the admission team for review.
- Based on the review, if you are eligible then the admission team send you an offer letter.
- You will receive the offer letter in email or the attachment along with an email.
- If you are eligible and applied for the scholarships then along with the offer letter the team send you a confirmation email. Upon receiving the confirmation, you need to pay the registration deposit to accept the scholarship reward.
- $250 for international students** (intake wise the fees may vary)
- After completing all the steps, you need to apply for the unconditional offer letter and be ready to pay the payment of the partial or full fees.
- If received an offer letter with a condition such as a language score requirement or a few more documents requirements then you need to fulfil the requirement at the earliest.
Cost & Financial Aid
Cost and Expense
Especially, for international students along with the cost of study other expense also does matter. Here is the estimated yearly cost table that will give you an overview to organize your budget. The given below figures are based on the university’s year 2021-22 tuition and fees.
| International Students
| Residence (single room) and unlimited meal plan
| Student fees
| International student basic medical coverage
| Books and supplies (estimate)
| ESTIMATED TOTAL*
|**The above-mentioned figures are to give you an overview of the fees for more and accurate update keep in contact with Aspire Square’s counsellors.
At Mount Allison, the recognition of financial aid or scholarships is based on academic achievements and personal accomplishments. Additionally, the university also considers extracurricular, involvement, leadership experience, community service, and work/internship experience. There are three types of scholarships awarded by the university.
Need Assistance? Reach Out to Us
- Entrance scholarships
- Major scholarships and
- External partner scholarships