Visa Subclass 491 – Regional
Skilled Nominated (Provisional) Visa – Visa Subclass 491 – Regional Nomination
- This points-based visa is for Immigrants who are nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government to live in a Regional or Low Population Growth Area. This visa is a provisional visa leading to Permanent residency once you satisfy the residency and work conditions imposed on your visa grant. This visa is valid for four years, and you must live and work in a specified regional area.
- Applying this visa can be divided into two parts. The first is to submit EOI through an online skill select system and the second part is to lodge the final visa application after getting an invitation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- You have not yet turned the age of 45
- Your nominated occupation is on the relevant skilled occupation list – Medium and Long Teem Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- You have positive and valid Skill assessment by relevant Skill Assessment Body as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- Have a valid English language score at a minimum competent level.
- Have minimum 65 points in the skilled migration points test system.
- Submit an EOI.
- Have been nominated by a State and territory government agency towards a regional area or low population growth area.
2. Visa Application
- You must have the Invitation from the Department
- You must demonstrate that you can meet the points score in EOI and satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
- You pass both health and character requirements.
Benefits of this Visa
- Live and work in Australia for a four years period from the date of your visa grant.
- Apply for permanent residency visa subclass 887 after satisfying the residence and work condition.
- Option for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- Travel to and from Australia till the validity of your visa.
- Visa Subclass 491 is Based on 3 Stage Application Process.
1. STAGE 1
- The first stage of the application process involves completing the skills assessment of your nominated occupation form the respective skill assessment body. You also need to get require English Language score to be eligible to apply for EOI
2. STAGE 2
- Upon receiving positive skills assessment and English Language score you will need to submit and Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. You also need to get the nomination from the Australian State and territory. You must meet the sponsorship requirement listed on the state migration plan of state and territory agencies.
3. STAGE 3
- After receiving the Invitation to apply from the department, you need to apply for the final visa application within 60 days of Invitation received. You must meet all the claimed criteria in your EOI to get your Visa.
Living requirement – you must have lived in a regional or low population-growth metropolitan area for at least two years.
Work requirement – You must have worked fulltime for at least one year in the regional or low population growth area. You can work in your nominated occupation or another field to satisfy this visa condition.
At Aspire Square, we encourage you to get the consultation from Best Migration Agent for Australia for your specific immigration needs, As the Australian migration laws are very complex and changing very frequently in the Year of 2017-2018. Our consultation about your eligibility is absolutely free still very accurate as per the current immigration laws and situation. You will get your detail eligibility report including different visa options, requirements and process over you for your individual situation. You can fill up the Free Assessment section or can choose to call at +91 88 66 88 0707 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.