UK Education System
Education System of UK
The education system of the UK holds a worldwide reputation. The quality and standards of the UK’s education system are unmatchable. The system can be categorized into the following parts-
1. Primary Education
Starts at the age of 5 and persists till 11.
2. Secondary Education
Starts at the age of 11 and continues till 16.
3. Undergraduate/Bachelor Degree
Starts after the accomplishment of secondary education. The available options are
- BA (Bachelor of Arts)
- B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)
- BS or BM (Bachelor of Medicine)
- B.Ed (Bachelor of Education Sciences)
- B.Engg (Bachelor of Technical Sciences)
- B.Mus (Bachelor of Music)
4. Postgraduate Degrees
Includes masters, doctorates, certificates, and postgraduate diplomas. Where the master’s program requires one year for completion, the doctorate needs three to four years to get completed.
- Degree courses
- Vocational training
- Postgraduate courses
- Sandwich courses (where the course includes real-time work experience)