PTE Study Plan: Get the Best Ways to Prepare Yourself for PTE Exam
PTE stands for Pearson’s test of English language formerly known as London Tests of English, is a computer-based exam to assess and validate the use of the English language for non-native English speakers.
PTE Study Plans
1. Skill Building Lessons
PTE learning is an interactive skill-based course designed and delivered by language experts. Lessons mainly focus on core communicative skills of speaking, writing, reading, and listening along with the explicit emphasis on subskills- interactive digital learning, video lessons, and practice activities designed in a way one develops language efficiency.
The Pearson Test of English Academic comprises 3 sections:
- Speaking & Writing
- It is 360 marks in total where every module has 90 marks individually.
- 50+ scores are a must for studying abroad.
- Overall 58+ scores are a must for post-graduation.
Here is The Detailed Paper Pattern
|Speaking & Writing||77 – 93 minutes|
|Reading||32 – 41 minutes|
|Listening||45 – 57 minutes|
3. Tips And Strategies
PTE learning is not only about knowledge of the English language. It is a lot more than that. Some aspects one needs to understand before opting For The PTE Test are
- Know the format of the test
- Enhance time and accuracy along with speed typing and proofreading on a computer
- One needs to present in a noisy room without getting distracted by the noise around. Hence practice speaking in a noisy atmosphere between some people
- No pauses of more than 3 seconds
- It is not how well you speak but how proficiently you perform
- Avoid mistakes and if mistaken, move on with the next question
- Do not lose time overthinking the error as PTE is a timed test
4. Practice And Planning
The time needed to Prepare For PTE depends on a person’s learning ability. Traditionally said, “An ounce of practice is worth a pound of preaching.”- leading to success in PTE, one needs determination and attitude. Studying productively, needs required hours to achieve 90. Moreover, there are PTE programs designed to track your study record, ensuring your targets. Yet one must plan
- To study at least 3 hours a day.
- Book your first tutorial right away and schedule it to take place around 30 days. Make sure to take at least one tutorial before the final test.
- Irregularity in practice may lead to deteriorated results.
5. Expert’s Feedback
In order to remain aligned to goals and objectives, valuable feedback from an expert is effective and must. The timely analysis will help in self-motivation and self-assessment. It provides a clear idea of whether the test taker has understood well or not. It is often mistaken for criticism, but constructive criticism leads to improved and increased performance. Expert advice can be considered as a tool to continue learning. For an excellent assessment performance evaluation is a must.
6. Online Mock Tests
PTE Academic is delivered through the Pearson Virtual User Environment (VUE) centers, worldwide. The test is fully computerized and doesn’t involve any human evaluation to reduce waiting times for the results for students. Hence, students are provided with approved applications to practice mock tests that give an in-depth analysis of scores and highlight the mistakes. The scoring algorithm provides suggestions for questions that need rectification. Online mock test has more of an intention to study from home or classroom in a safer environment.
7. Test Day Preparations
What one can expect on the day of test is, PTE is taken at secured test centers, where you need to have your ID (passport) with you.
You will check in with the test administrator and sit for your test in a secure computer room. On arrival at the center, the test center administrator would guide you through the check process to make sure if you understood and feel comfortable with the rules and procedures.
Your ID, digital photograph, and your signature will be asked. Your palm will be scanned.
You will be provided with a locker to check-in your belongings and ensure you are ready for the test. You will be sitting in a partitioned booth with 9 other test-takers.
You will have a QWERTY keyboard. You are requested to arrive 30 minutes prior to the time mentioned.
8. PTE preparations Start with Common Mistakes in PTE Test
- Speaking too slow and very fast: Speaking pace must be normal. Speaking either fast or too low can cause a tendency of low scores. When a person is nervous there are chances of natural high-speed voice. It is natural and we all do it, but one needs to be aware of this to break the habit of doing so. Be normal and be formal.
- Using a lot of loud sounds: Every speaker has a native accent along with the pitch of speaking. In real life, one tends to use fillers like “umm” or “like”, which are signs of nervousness or time taken to think whereas this can be unforgiven in PTE. Remember, while giving PTE, you are not talking to your friend or family infect you will be assessed for language proficiency. Also, pauses of more than 3 seconds will mute the mic to speak further. Rather you may make notes and use them wisely.
- Improve vocabulary and grammar: Vocabulary and grammar are the main aspects to score PTE. We often use informal and emotive language in our routine which must be formal language in exams. A wide range of contextual vocabulary is what PTE test examiners are looking for.
- Microphone adjusting issue: Mic positions have very little to do with your exam scores but if one keeps on adjusting the mic, there are chances of interrupted inputs. You are asked to test your mic before the test begins. Maintain distance with the mic and make sure it is not too much near your mouth so you can avoid explosive sounds (because, power, tomorrow, etc.) that have air when spoken.
- Long breaks: Pausing for more than 3 seconds or adding too many fillers or speaking in fragments is not favorable in the PTE test. Speak complete, clear, and fluent sentences without restarting it. Rather than rephrasing the sentence or correcting it, focus on the new statement and try to clarify your point in a new statement.
- Not taking other’s help: Seeking help in PTE exams is no less than cheating in an exam hence do not try taking any help from anyone in the test. There is active security in places such as stringent ID checking, biometric scanning, and voice signature. If found responsible for malpractice, you will be penalized along with revocation of test scores. One may be banned to take the test again. There is a range of potential enforcement actions open to Pearson, and the Pearson Security Team will choose action against such acts.
Dear aspirants, acquiring the necessary scores in PTE is not impossible. Impossible itself says, “I am possible”. Timely and accurate objectives will help you achieve desired targets – with the same hope above information be enough useful to go an extra mile. However, for more help, You Can Contact Our Skilled Leaders of Language Experts.
CELPIP: Obtain a High Score in Your CELPIP Writing Tasks
If you are thinking to prepare to migrate to Canada then you should clear some selection criteria for...
CRS – An Essential Constituent to Achieve Canadian PR Through Express Entry
A high CRS score is imperative to leverage the job opportunities Canada is holding. The score determi...