Australia Parents Visa
Aspire Square is a leading immigration consultancy expert in providing worthwhile consultation and helping you to attain smooth processing of your parent visa. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, the company has established itself as a reliable and steadfast solution to meet all kinds of your Australia parent visa needs.
Who Does Not Want to Stay with The Parents And Lead a Complete Family?
The government of Australia supports your dream and allows you to invite your parents to the land of Australia with the help of the Australia Parent Visa. The visa enables the parents of an Australian citizen or an Australian PR to migrate and reside on the Australian land provided the parents match the eligibility criteria. Australia provides both temporary as well as permanent options to enable the parents to migrate and reside in the country.
Different Categories of Australia Parent Migration Visa
The Australia Parent Visa can be majorly divided into two categories which can further be subdivided into different classes based on the age of the parent and the type of residence (temporary or permanent). The two main categories are
Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 and 173)
- The Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143 and 173) permits the parents of an Australian citizen, Australian PR, or an eligible New Zealand citizen to migrate and live in Australian boundaries
- Out of the two subclasses mentioned above, subclass 173 is a temporary visa that permits the parent to reside in Australia for two years. Also, there is no possibility to extend or renew the visa
- The prominent option for the parents who want to continue their dwelling in Australia after two years is to apply for the visa subclass 143. The visa can be applied within the two years’ time duration allotted by the visa subclass 173 and allows prolonged abode on the Australian land
Contributory Parent Visa Sponsorship
The Contributory Parent Visa is ought to be sponsored by the child (the Australian citizen or Australian PR) residing in Australia. The age of the child must be above 18 years to claim sponsorship. There are other options too if the age of the child is below 18 years. These include
- The spouse of the child (if he or she meets the eligibility criteria)
- The relative or caretaker of the child or the spouse of the child (if it matches the eligibility criteria).
Perks of Contributory Parents Visa (Subclass 173)
- The candidate can reside, work and study anywhere in Australia.
- The candidate can travel to and from the country anytime.
- The candidate can leverage healthcare benefits available in Australia.
Perks of Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)
- The candidates can live permanently in Australia
- The candidate can leverage the healthcare benefits available in Australia
- The candidate can apply for Australian citizenship
- The candidate can sponsor relatives for Australian PR
Contributory Parent Visa Eligibility Criteria
1. For Visa Subclass (173)
- The candidate must have a child who is an Australian citizen, an Australian PR, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- The candidate’s child must complete at least 2 years of his dwelling in Australia.
- The candidate must have an Australian based sponsor.
- The candidate must possess good health and a clean criminal record.
- The candidate must pass the balance-of-family test.
2. For Visa Subclass (143)
In addition, to satisfy the eligibility criteria given for the visa subclass (173), the candidate must contain a valid Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 173) to apply successfully for the visa subclass (143).
Non-Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
Like Contributory Parent Visa, the Non-Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 103) also enables the parents of an Australian citizen, Australian PR, or an eligible New Zealand citizen to migrate and live in Australia on a prolonged basis. However, due to the strong demand for parent visas, the very long processing time is associated with the visa (more than 30 years) and that’s why it is less preferred.
Perks of Non-Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
- The candidate can apply for Australian citizenship
- The candidate can add family members in the application
- The candidate can leverage the Australian Medicare facility
- The candidate can fly to and from the country for 5 years from the date of issue of the visa
- The candidate can live, study and work anywhere across Australia
Non-Contributory Parent Visa Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have an Australian based sponsor (an Australian PR, Australian citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen)
- The candidate must be in good health and have a clean criminal record
- The candidate must have a health insurance policy
- The candidate must pass the balance-of-family test
Alternative Options to Apply for The Australia Parent Visa
A Visitor Visa allows the parents of an Australian citizen or Australian PR to live with their children on a short-term basis. The visa is a considerably swift and economic option for those seeking a speedy and affordable tour to Australia. Although many different subclasses of Australia visitor visas are available providing distinct validity periods, the most popularly known category associated with the visa is subclass 600 that allows the halt of up to 12 months.
Sponsored Parent Visa
The Sponsored Parent Visa is another temporary visa option available for the parents of an Australian citizen, Australian PR, or the eligible New Zealand citizen. Most commonly known as the visa subclass 870, the visa permits the stay of upto 3 to 5 years on Australian land.
Australia Parent Migration Visa – Document Requirement
There may be a slight variation depending on the type of visa you are applying for, however, the most common documents required to apply for an Australian Parent Visa is given as under
- A valid passport
- Relationship evidence with the child or the sponsor
- Proof of financial stability
- Health records
- Character certificate
- The document showing the exact age of the candidate
Family Members in The Visa Application
The Australia Parent Visa allows the candidate to include the following members in their visa application
- Spouse’s children (stepchildren).
What is The Australian Values Statement?
The Australian Values Statement is a document that candidates are required to sign (if they are above 18 years of age) to move successfully to the Australian land. The document is subject to ensure that the candidate will strictly follow all the Australian laws once moved to the country.
The prominent benefits of hiring our team include the following
- Extensive knowledge of immigration laws.
- Negligible chances of visa rejection.
- Swift and faultless processing of visa application.
- Selection of appropriate visa category.
- Downright immigration advice in economical pricing.
- Hassle-free accomplishment of your visa process.
Australia Parent Visa – FAQs
The cost to apply for an Australia Parent Visa may vary depending on the number of individuals and the type of visa you are applying for. However, the general cost to apply for a Contributory Parent Visa can range somewhere around $5,000 (initial cost, primary applicant) and $1,500 (initial cost, subsequent applicant). The second Installment can cost around $40,000 – $45,000 (for each applicant).
As you have many visa options that allow temporary or permanent residency to your parents in Australia, hence, the answer to this question depends on the type of visa you are applying for. Yes, an Australia Parent Visa can allow your parents to stay with you forever provided you have chosen the right visa category to fulfill the purpose.
The balance-of-family is a part of eligibility criteria that needs to be satisfied by the candidates aspiring for an Australia Parent Visa. Half or more than half of the children of the candidate must be permanently settled in Australia to pass the test.
Yes, generally they are considered. However, there are a few conditions under which these children will not be considered like if the child has been eliminated from the legal custody of the parent by the law and so on.
The general processing time for the Australia Parent Visa depends on the category of visa you have applied for. Where the Contributory Parent Visa takes at least three years, the Non-Contributory Parent Visa can take more than thirty years to get processed successfully.
- Failing to get an eligible sponsor.Failing to provide appropriate information in the application
- Failing to satisfy the health and character related prerequisites
- Failing to meet the balance-of-family test
- Failing to provide the necessary documents
- A few more can be added to the list, however, these are the prominent ones
There are a few slight differences between the Contributory and Non-Contributory Parent Visa, however, the prominent one is – a Contributory Visa is given a high-priority over a Non-Contributory Visa when it comes to processing. Where a Contributory Visa can be processed in 3 to 4 years, the Non-Contributory Visa can take a prolonged duration of 30 years or more to get processed.
You can take assistance from an Australia Immigration Consultant. These people are well-versed in the ups and downs of a visa process. Their knowledge and hands-on experience can help you to choose the right visa category and assure the faultless submission of your application.