Welcome to Aspire Square Career Consultants - Australian Immigration Specialist                      Experience Australia - Best Living Country in the World                     Work & Settle in The Land of Opportunity                    Professional Immigration Services                    No 1. Immigration Consultants in Gujarat
+91 88668 80707

Skilled Nominated Visa - Subclass 190

VisaSkilled - Nominated Visa
Subclass190 – Previously known as 176
Visa TypePermanent
Nomination RequiredNomination by a state/territory government.
Point TestYes
Pass Mark 55

About this visa: (features)

  • Permanent visa for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government.
  • live and work permanently in Australia
  • Allows certain family members to be added before the application is decided.

Basic eligibility requirements

Applicants for this visa must:

  • Nomination by a state/territory government.
  • Invitation to Apply
  • Meet the Point test Pass mark
  • Be under the age of 50
  • Have competent English Language ability
  • Nominate an occupation listed on the Australia Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
  • Hold a suitable Skills Assessment
  • Have met health and character requirements

Back to top

Submit EOI - Australia PR

To be able to lodge a valid 190 visa application you need to first submit an expression of interest (EOI) for this visa and then receive an invitation to apply.

EOI ApplicationOnline
Validity2 years

Nomination by a state or territory government

State and territory government agencies will have access to SkillSelect. If you are interested in being nominated by a state or territory government for this visa, you should indicate this in your EOI. If you are interested in a particular state you will have an option to indicate this state, or you may choose to be available to all states if you do not have a preference.

If the state/territory government nominates you, you will automatically receive an invitation from SkillSelect to apply for a visa.


The points test is a transparent and objective method of selecting skilled migrants with the skills and attributes needed in Australia. The Points Test awards points on the basis of a range of skills and attributes.

You have to meet the Points Test pass mark in order to be granted a visa. The pass mark is the total number of points you must score to pass the Points Test.

In order to submit a complete EOI you must meet the points test pass mark. Your complete EOI will then be ranked on the basis of your claims against points test factors. Invitations will be issued to those who achieve the highest rankings, subject to the operation of the occupational ceiling.

If you receive an invitation to apply and make an application, your application will then be assessed against the Points Test. Your points score against the Points Test must be equal to or greater than the number of points you claimed in your EOI.

Age Requirements

At time of invitation, you must be less than 50 years of age. This means that even if you are under 50 when you submit your EOI, it is your age at the time an invitation that is taken into account.

Skills Assessment

To apply for this visa you must nominate an occupation that is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that is current at the date an invitation is issued. The SOL lists all eligible occupations for points tested skilled migration.

Regardless of which points tested skilled migration visa you apply for, you must provide evidence that your skills have been assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation.

It is your responsibility to contact the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation and obtain skills assessment. Each assessing authority has its own assessment procedures, timeframes and fees. You are strongly advised to contact the relevant assessing authority well before you submit your EOI to arrange your skills assessment.

To Know more about Assessment authority please visit this page:

Link of Different Authority Page:

English language requirements

At time of invitation, you will be required to demonstrate that you have at least Competent English. Competent English is defined as an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of at least six in each of the four components of the IELTS test; or at least B in the Occupational English Test (OET) test; or being a citizen and passport holder of either the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland or the USA.

The validity of IELTS test result is 3 years.


When you submit your EOI you will not be asked to provide evidence to support your claims. However, if you are invited to apply, you will need to provide evidence to support all the claims that were in your EOI at the time you were invited.

Circumstances change while waiting for an invitation

EOIs remain active in SkillSelect for two years. During the time from when you submit your EOI to when you receive an invitation or your EOI ceases, information about your attributes and skills may change. SkillSelect will automatically calculate any changes to your age up to the period you are invited. However, for other factors, such as if you upgrade you English proficiency, you will need to enter this new information into Skill Select.
Back to top

Invitation to Apply

Application TypeOnline
Application Charge3060 AUD
DurationWithin 60 Days after getting Invitation

You can only apply for this visa if you have received an invitation from SkillSelect to apply for the visa.

If you receive an invitation, you will then have 60 days to make a valid visa application, before the invitation expires.

Note: If you do not make a valid visa application after receiving two invitations, your expression of interest (EOI) will be removed from SkillSelect

Application charge

You must pay a non-refundable charge when you lodge your application.

Other costs

In addition to the visa application charge, you will need to pay an assessing authority any fees or charges related to skills assessments or assessments of qualifications or skilled employment. Where applicable you will also need to pay for English language testing.

You are also required to pay for your Heath Assessment and for obtaining police checks. There may also be other costs associated with the application, such as translating documents into English.

Should a dependant applicant on your application aged 18 and over and have less than functional English you may also have to pay an English language instruction charge.

Including family members

You may include the following secondary applicants in your visa application:

  • partner
  • a dependent child of you or your partner
  • a dependent relative of you or your partner.
Back to top

After Lodge the Application

Priority processing arrangements

Priority processing arrangements apply to skilled migration applications. They determine the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under the arrangements will be processed ahead of lower priority applications, regardless of when the application is lodged.

If you have lodged a Points Tested Skilled Migration visa application but have not been contacted by a case officer to inform you that processing has commenced, you should refer to the current allocation dates.

Processing times

The department has visa processing time service standards for different types of visa applications. The department aims to process 75 per cent of cases within these service standards, however actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors, including the complexity of the case and the completeness of documentation provided to support the application.

Travel to and from Australia

If you are outside Australia when you lodge your application and you wish to travel to Australia during the period your application is being processed you can apply for the relevant temporary entry visa.

If you are able to lodge an application while in Australia you will be eligible for grant of a Bridging visa A or C. If you want to travel outside Australia and return, you will need to apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B.

You should advise the office processing your skilled visa application of your change in contact details for the period of your travel.

Change of circumstances

If any of your personal information or circumstances relevant to your visa application change after you lodge your application, you should advise the department immediately. You should use Form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances.

Withdrawing your application

You can withdraw your application at any stage during processing. To withdraw your application, you must advise the department in writing.

In order to withdraw, please send a signed written withdrawal advice with your full name, date of birth, date of application, file reference number/transaction record number (if known). All applicants over the age of 18 included in the application must sign the withdrawal letter.

Withdrawn applications are not eligible for a refund.

Refund of application fees

There are only limited circumstances available for the refund of your visa application charge. A refund is not available if you change your mind about your application.

Health assessment

To be granted a visa you, your spouse or de facto partner and your dependent family members (both those migrating and not migrating) will need to meet visa health requirements. The department will advise you when and where you need to undertake health assessments. Health assessments are generally valid for a period of twelve months from their date of issue.

Character clearances

Character and other police clearance certificates are generally valid for a period of twelve months from their date of issue. If they are due to expire before a decision has been made on your visa, you will need to provide new clearances.

Adding family members to your undecided application

During the time after you lodge your application but before a decision is made, you can only include a partner and/or dependent children with your application. You will need to demonstrate that they are members of your family unit and they will also have to meet any other specified visa requirements such as health, character and custody requirements where applicable.

Adding a new born child to your undecided application

A new born child can be added to your application at any stage during visa processing. It is important that you notify the office processing your skilled migration visa as soon as practicable.

Once the child is born you will need to provide the department with a copy of the child's full birth certificate. The new born child will also need to meet specified visa requirements such as health and custody requirements where applicable.

Visa decision

If your visa is approved

When a visa is granted, a visa grant number is assigned to the visa. This is a unique number that is used to identify you as the holder of a valid visa in the department's computer systems.

You will receive a grant notification letter at your nominated email or postal address. This letter will confirm your visa approval, visa grant number and any conditions attached to your visa.

If your visa is refused

You, or the person you have authorised to act and receive communication on your behalf, will be notified in writing of the decision to refuse your application. The decision record will explain why the decision maker was not satisfied you met the requirements for grant of the visa. You will also be advised if you are eligible to seek a review of the decision made and the time you have to do so.

Back to top

Rights & Obligation

Visa holder entitlements

This visa entitles you and any family member included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

Australian permanent residents can:

  • permanently live and work in Australia
  • study in Australia
  • receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
  • access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
  • be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
  • sponsor relatives for permanent residence
  • travel for five years to and from Australia.

Visa holder obligations

There are some obligations that states or territories will require you to meet. These include that you:
  • stay in that state or territory that nominated you for at least two years
  • keep the state or territory informed of any changes to your address
  • complete surveys and provide information when asked.

If you are outside Australia when your visa is granted, you will need to arrive in Australia within the specified period. This information is included in the letter sent to you after your visa was granted.

You and any accompanying family members must comply with Australian laws. Failure to do so may affect your ability to remain in Australia.

Visa validity

Your visa is a permanent residence visa. As a permanent resident you are permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely. This visa also allows you to travel to and enter Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted. The expiry of this visa travel facility does not affect your permanent resident status if you are in Australia. However, if you want to continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident after the initial visa has expired, you must obtain aResident Return Visa (RRV). Your eligibility for an RRV will depend on the period that you have resided in Australia.

Settlement assistance

If you have not lived in Australia previously, 'Settlement' is the process of adjustment you experience as you become established and independent in Australia. Some migrants feel settled quite quickly, perhaps within six to 12 months. For others it may take some years. The Department produces a number of information booklets on settling into life in Australia as well as a checklist of the seven important things that you should do as soon as possible after arriving in Australia.

Problem solving

Children born after visa grant

If you are a permanent resident and your child is born in Australia, your child is an Australian citizen at birth.

If you are a permanent resident and your child is born outside Australia, unless your child is eligible for Australian citizenship by descent (that is, if one of the child's parents is an Australian citizen) your child will need to apply for a child visa to migrate to Australia.

Adding other family members to your visa

You are not able to add family members to your permanent visa once your visa is granted. As a permanent resident you are eligible to sponsor family members through the family migration program.

Future possibilities

Australian citizenship

Current or former Australian permanent residents may be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.

Back to top
Our Services

Quick Inquiry
Your Name (Required)

Your Contact Number (Required)

Your Email (Required)

Choose Country (Required)

Choose Service:
Your Message

Aspire Square Career Consultants. All Rights Reserved.
Website By: IndyLogix