Welcome to Aspire Square Career Consultants - Australian Immigration Specialist                      Experience Australia - Best Living Country in the World                     Work & Settle in The Land of Opportunity                    Professional Immigration Services                    No 1. Immigration Consultants in Gujarat
+91 88668 80707

Canadian Education System

Education in Canada is under the complete jurisdiction of the provinces and territories and as such, there is no federal education system in Canada. In keeping with the national commitment to education, public education in Canada is free up to and including secondary school in all the provinces. At the post-secondary level, institutions are divided into community colleges and universities.

The Canadian education system encompasses both publicly funded and private schools, from kindergarten through to university. Education is a provincial responsibility under the Canadian constitution, which means there are significant differences between the education systems of the different provinces. However, standards across the country are uniformly high.

The following are the types of Educational Institute in Canada

  • Universities
  • University Colleges
  • Community Colleges
  • Language Schools

Following are the brief details about general admission requirements


A minimum of 70% 12th grade; for Business and Computers program, Maths in 11th and 12th is compulsory.


Bachelors in the same field that you wish to pursue Masters. It should be 4 years duration. A minimum of 70% in your undergraduate or Bachelors level of study.GRE and references (2-3) required only for some fields and for some institutions.


A master's degree with a good academic record; GRE and references in some cases; previous research work, papers published etc.

The total cost on an average is CDN$ 10,000 as tuition fee and CDN$10,000 as living expense per year which varies for different provinces and courses. There is no ranking of any of the institutes recognized by Govt. of Canada.
Back to top

English Language Requirement

It is mandatory that the students who apply for visas to Canada for Courses above 12th Std(Diploma, Certificate) the IELTS Score should be 6.0 with no band below 5.5 and for Courses of Bachelors or higher (Post Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates or Masters) the IELTS Score should be 6.5 with no band below 6.0.

If any student has low scores in any one of the section the Canadian High Commission does not issue visas for ESL (English Courses) so the students will require to take the English Proficiency Test i.e. IELTS test again for their successful admissions and visas.

For SPP Program - IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 6.0
Back to top

Finance Requirement

Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
  • your bank statements for the past four months;
  • a bank draft in convertible currency;
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

The following table shows the minimum amounts that you will need.

Number of persons All provinces except Quebec Quebec
Single student Tuition plus $10,000 for a 12-month period (or $833 per month) Tuition plus $11,000 for a 12-month period (or $917 per month)
+ one family member $4,000 for a 12-month period (or $333 per month) $5,100 more for a person 18 years of age or older for a 12-month period (or $425 per month)

$3,800 more for a person under 18 years of age for a 12-month period (or $317 per month)
+ each additional family member $3,000 for a 12-month period per dependent child of any age (or $255 per month) $5,125 more for a person 18 years of age or older for a 12-month period (or $427 per month)

$1,903 more for a person under 18 years of age for a 12-month period (or $159 per month)
If there are foreign-exchange control measures in your country, you must provide proof that the exchange control authorities will allow you to export funds for all of your expenses.

Note:- It is mandatory forstudent who are applying through Student Partner Program (SPP);

At least 80% Education loan from any Approved bank by High commission for your tuition+living+travel expenses for one academic year.
Back to top

Health Requirement


If Want to study more than six months

  • Students applying for Study permit may have their medical examination before submitting their Study Permit application by visiting one of the Designated Medical Practitioners (DMP) in India.
  • It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to submission of your application. However, doing so may result in faster processing. Medical results are valid for one year. Do not undergo a subsequent medical examination if you had one in the last year.
  • After completion of your medical examination, the DMP will provide you with one copy of your medical examination form. This form must be submitted together with your Study Permit application.
  • Submission of this form does not guarantee approval of your application. Do not make any commitments until your Study Permit application has been approved. All costs for the medical examination are payable by the applicant and non-refundable. You must submit your application at the visa office responsible for your area of residence (see section entitled “Applications outside Jurisdiction” for further details). Failure to do so will result in multiple delays due to the necessity of file transfer.
Back to top

Police Clearence Certificate

Police certificates

You may need a criminal and security checks if you are coming to Canada as a live-in caregiver, tourist, student, or temporary worker. If you are applying for permanent residence, you must have one done.

Security checks, also known as police certificates, are required to determine if applicants have a criminal record. They also help visa officers make sure applicants are not a security risk to Canada.
Back to top


Student Partners Program

The Student Partners Program (SPP) is an administrative framework designed and implemented in partnership between the Canadian visa offices in India and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC). The current list of participating ACCC members is the following:
  • Algonquin College
  • Bow Valley College
  • Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • Camosun College
  • Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • College of New Caledonia
  • College of the Rockies
  • Columbia College
  • Conestoga College
  • Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • Douglas College
  • Durham College
  • Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • George Brown College
  • Georgian College of Arts & Technology
  • Grant MacEwan University
  • Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
  • Kwantlen Polytechnic University
  • Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technolog
  • y
  • Marine Institute of Memorial University
  • Medicine Hat College
  • Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • New Brunswick Community College
  • Niagara College
  • North Island College
  • Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
  • Northern College
  • Northern Lights
  • Okanagan College
  • Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
  • Selkirk College
  • Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
  • St-Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
  • St. Lawrence College
  • University of The Fraser Valley
  • Vancouver Island University
  • Vancouver Community College
  • New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
  • Fleming College
  • Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology (SIAST)
  • Parkland College
Please note that there are many other Association of Canadian Community College (ACCC) colleges which also welcome students from India. Applications to these colleges will also receive prompt processing and a fair and individual decision based on the documentation provided. Further information on theACCC, including a full list of member institutions.

The Student Partners Program is open to Indian nationals only. Students do not apply to the SPP; they apply to a participating college and may be considered under the program if they meet specific criteria. Application submission under the SPP is at the discretion of each participating college. Students interested in submitting applications under the program are encouraged to contact the participating college of their choice for information. The Student Partners Program involves close cooperative partnership and feedback from the participating colleges to ensure student compliance with the terms of their study permits. Essential to the program feedback mechanism is the student's consent for the institution to provide information on attendance. The student must sign the consent declaration on the SPP checklist in order to be processed under this program.

It is strongly recommended that you submit your application by 01 August for September entry and by 01 December for January entry. Applications for a Study Permit received after those dates will not normally be processed in time for the start of classes and will likely be refused

Those who have previously been refused any Canadian study permit application are not eligible to apply under SPP.
Back to top


Tuition fees for international students vary from province to province and depend on your faculty of choice. The following table shows the range of tuition fees for each province. Fees are in Canadian dollars - for general arts and science programs.
ProvinceUndergraduate Studies in CanadaGraduate Studies in Canada (PG)
Newfoundland$7,260$1,896 - 3,549
Prince Edward Island$7,510$6,100
Nova Scotia$8,520 - 12,480$4,329 - 15,000
New Brunswick$7,063 - 10,720$5,610 - 8,465
Quebec$9,168 - 10,518$8,268 - 20,000
Ontario$6,900 - 16,204$5,432 - 29,000
Manitoba$4,940 - 6,900$3,795 - 9,685
Saskatchewan$7,779 - 10,890$5,313
Alberta$6,293 - 11,078$5,298 - $19,200
British Columbia$4,462 - 15,870$2,272 - $17,499

Living Cost

Studying in Canada is not free, but it is affordable. The average cost for a foreign student for one school year (8 months) in an Arts & Science program is approximately CAD $7100 (US$4765). However, tuition varies from institution to institution. See below For
  • One month's lodging, one-bedroom apartment: $400 Approx.
  • Bus fare, one way: $2.25 Approx.
  • Local telephone call: $0.25 Approx.
  • Modest restaurant meal: lunch $7/dinner $14 Approx.
  • Movie: $11.50 - $13 Approx.
  • International Postage (letter): $1.40 Approx.
Canadian winters are chilly, an adequate warm clothing budget is essential. Budget around $250 - $350 US approximate for proper winter wardrobe.

You will need approximately $12,000 US ($18,840 CAD or 13,000 Euro) to cover your expenses for an academic year. This includes your tuition and living expenses but not your air-fare. Please remember that this figure is an average only. Actual expenses may vary depending on the region of the country you live in, the tuition fees at the university you attend and your field of specialisation. Consult us to assist with your financial planning
Back to top

Work Rights

Full-time students registered in a degree or diploma-granting course are allowed to work on the campus of the institution at which they are registered without the need for an employment authorisation. This includes on-campus employment for graduate, teaching or research assistants.

Students whose intended employment forms an integral part of their course of study such as undergraduate co-op programs, some programs offered by career colleges or language schools and some high school programs.

You may be able to work while you are studying in Canada in certain situations. You must come to Canada with enough money to live and pay your bills while you are studying.

Do not work without being authorized to do so. If you do, you may be asked to leave Canada.

Working on Campus

You may work on campus at the institution where you study without a Work Permit If

You are engaged in full-time studies at a university, community college, CEGEP, publicly funded trade/technical school or at a private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees; and You have a valid Study Permit.

Working Off Campus

If you are now a full-time student at certain public post-secondary institutions in Manitoba, New Brunswick or some regions of Quebec you may be eligible to apply for a work permit that allows you to work off-campus.

This will help you gain Canadian work experience.

The work permit will allow you to work a limited number of hour’s off-campus.

Each province has different conditions.

Contact Aspire Square more information about the program, the number of hours you can work and the application process.
Back to top

Our Services

Quick Inquiry
Your Name (Required)

Your Contact Number (Required)

Your Email (Required)

Choose Country (Required)

Choose Service:
Your Message

Aspire Square Career Consultants. All Rights Reserved.
Website By: IndyLogix